squish is good

Redemption Geometry ???

Looking at picking up a frame and doing a little research and I find this mini review.

"It instantly struck us how short and steep the bike looked. A quick measure up confirmed our concerns.

The head tube angle came in at 70.2 degrees and the effective top tube length was just 21.5in on our size medium. Felt, unusually, measure the geometry with the bike in sag position, but the point of reference is from static, and this bike is extremely steep for a 165mm travel bike. "

Which struck me as strange because I have the August 2008 MBA shootout between the Redemption and Compulsion and they state the bike has a 67.5 degree head angle and repeatedly say that it is too slack to handle as well as the Compulsion on tight singletrack. Now I take everything I read in MBA with a grain of salt but they usually get simple stuff like Geometry correct. Anybody know what it is actually?
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    That was a bike magic review from 07. The 08s have fixed that as far as i know

mtbr member
    May 2009
    That sure looks like a '08 review to me. Geo was changed on the '09. Not sure if it was for the better or not.

mtbr member

bad review

I read that review too. But I went to my LBS who had 08 redemptions at 50% off. I tested one and loved it so much I bought it. Geometry feels great to me; and i would put my HA at around 68degrees. Don't believe that review, that is absurd.

mtbr member

bad review

I read that review too. But I went to my LBS who had 08 redemptions at 50% off. I tested one and loved it so much I bought it. Geometry feels great to me; and i would put my HA at around 68degrees. Don't believe that review, that is absurd.

squish is good
    I mocked the bike up with a Fox 36 and measured the HA, 70.5 degrees static. MBA is full of sh!t, bikeradar is confirmed to be correct.
    Bike good, work bad.