mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Redemption 2, tire play in maxle.

I just bought an 08 redemption 2 on clearance. This is my first AM bike and my first experience with thru axle/ maxle.

There is a tiny bit of side to side play on my maxle. Ive read that the maxle can have issues with different hubs. So is a small amount of play normal in the redemption 2? Im pretty sure I installed the maxle correctly.

Besides the slight front tire play, I must say Im very impressed with this bike. My other bike is a spec stumpjumper. I would say the equalink preforms just as well as the FSR.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Same here. Just got mine and I notice this as well. Im going to get some pedals and take it for its first spin. I think im going to forget about this the minute I get it on the trail. This bike feels unbelievable. Im really happy with the stock components(for now).

My other question is the front brake cable routing. The bike came with Rock shox cable mount kit but it looks like Felt routed the cable behind the fork(nothing securing it). I'm not sure if I should leave it or not?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    hmm mine has a zip tie securing the brake line to the to the fork.

Im not too worried about the tire play, but you think with a through axle you wouldnt have that problem.

Im sure youre going to love the bike!

squish is good
    Just to make sure, are you guys screwing it all the way in with the lever open, then tightening the nut on the other side so it takes some force to close the lever? It doesn't need to be a ton of force but if it isn't tightened enough the Maxle doesn't flare out at the ends to secure it in place and it could have some slop. If adjusted properly there shouldn't be any play at all.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah thats how ive been installing it, looks like I need to take it to the bike shop and see what they have to say.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    any word?

I added a zip tye myself. Does your rear brake cable go through all 3 black rings below the frame downtube? Mine only goes through the bottom 2? I've gotta figure ou a way to unstnap the top one so I can get it through.