mtbr member
    Mar 2011

q520/q620 jumps?

im looking really hard on these two bikes. i was wondering if either of these 2 can take some punishment and still take me home at the end of the day. i will b going up and down trials/hills and i would like to eventually do some jumps(nothing too crazy) ..and was wondering if these two bikes can handle it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Yes but be ready to replace parts, if you can go for a better bike go for it to
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I've been riding a Felt Q520 for a little while now and haven't had anything break yet, granted I'm doing mostly XC, but I have done some small drops and such. The frame seems pretty beefy but I don't think I would trust some of the components for a lot of abuse. They will do for a while though. I do agree with FeltDH though, if you can afford a better bike I'd say go for that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    which bikes can you guys direct me towards? i would like a bike that i can do some single track with...and can jump or drop (not too crazy) if the terrina demands...and wont cost me a arm and a leg

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    There are endless lists of bikes that could meet your needs, it depends what your LBS carries. Unfortunately Felt does not offer any budget bikes this year that I would use on the terrain you describe. (keep in mind that the Q-series will work, but the components may not hold up for long) One bike that I would recomend off the top of my head is the GIANT YUKON FX ($900 or so)

Take a look at some other threads about budget bikes you might find something you like.
    Ridin' fo' dayzz

Wheels - 11' Giant Anthem X1
    -08 Eastern Slash
    -08 Jamis Dragon

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    my LBS carriers the usual trek, specialized, gary fisher and giant...i would have to drive 1hr to get the felt. i ridden some specialized but something about how i sit on there..i dont much like. it feel like i had to conform to the bike (if that makes any sense). will try to look around for some more bike....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    what are some upgrades i can make to my felt q520?