Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Pics of my New Felt Nine

I just got this last week. It was between this bike, a Specialized Hardrock Sport 29er, Trek GF Marlin 29er, or Felt Q620. This just felt the nicest and I was able to get a slight deal on it. The Felt Q620 had slightly better components and I thought it looked nicer but this rode better for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice Felt 9 you got their

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thank you. I am enjoying it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Your welcome i got the marlin a week ago, but shock seals that holds the innards in came lose. So not even a week old it's getting warranty work. But I've already wanna upgrade the drivetrain to 9 spd X.9 and all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholdstare79
    Your welcome i got the marlin a week ago, but shock seals that holds the innards in came lose. So not even a week old it's getting warranty work. But I've already wanna upgrade the drivetrain to 9 spd X.9 and all.
    I love my bike but I still think of how my life would be if I bought the Marlin.

mtbr member
    Nice bike.

Short-Change-Hero
    Nice bike... rode myself not to long ago and very nice ride. If I hadn't decided to build my own I would have one right now. Also, saw the Sport... wow now that is and ugly red!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Tony Luke's? Are you around Philly, or is that a care package from home?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Im shopping around for 29ers right now and this one definitely come in at the lowest price point. How is the ride and weight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I rode one and now have one on order from another LBS...Black Friday deal 530 bucks. I am 6 2@ 250 and the 19.5 frame fits me nice. I rode a Trek and a Jamis before ordering the FELT. The FELT was the best fit and best ride in the price range. I would just tell you to ride what ever your are looking at. I was ready to put down on a Jamis Exile, but it did not fit me. So, dont just order one that looks cool on line.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the good advice. Im 5 11 and about 215 so I think I would be looking at the 17.5" frame. I havent been able to find any other info on this bike anywhere else besides what Felt has advertised. Seems like a good buy. Looks like Im going to have to track one down to test ride it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGasPasser
    Tony Luke's? Are you around Philly, or is that a care package from home?
    I am in Georgia but from the Lehigh Valley area. I miss the food up north

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by j_raquet
    Im shopping around for 29ers right now and this one definitely come in at the lowest price point. How is the ride and weight?
    IMO it rides almost like a 26er but you can definitely tell it is a 29er. The other 29ers I tested mostly felt like I was driving a jacked up pick up truck. I tested these 29ers (Trek GF Cobia (rode similar to the Felt), Specialized Hardrock 29er, Raleigh Talon 29er, Cannondale Trail 29er (don't remember which one but is was on sale for $799 at REI). The Cannondale probably felt the best followed by the Felt and then the Trek GF.

I don't know the exact weight. It is a 17.5" frame. I weighed myself holding the bike on my scale and the difference was about 32lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the good advice. Im 5 11 and about 215 so I think I would be looking at the 17.5" frame. I havent been able to find any other info on this bike anywhere else besides what Felt has advertised. Seems like a good buy. Looks like Im going to have to track one down to test ride it.

I am about 5' 8.5" and I have a 17.5". They didn't have a smaller frame so I don't know if a smaller one would fit better. I think that at my height, I can go either way. For you the 17.5" should fit perfect.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder938
    I rode one and now have one on order from another LBS...Black Friday deal 530 bucks. I am 6 2@ 250 and the 19.5 frame fits me nice. I rode a Trek and a Jamis before ordering the FELT. The FELT was the best fit and best ride in the price range. I would just tell you to ride what ever your are looking at. I was ready to put down on a Jamis Exile, but it did not fit me. So, dont just order one that looks cool on line.
    Let us know how you like it once you ride it on some trails. Pics are always nice too

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    "I tested these 29ers (Trek GF Cobia (rode similar to the Felt), Specialized Hardrock 29er, Raleigh Talon 29er, Cannondale Trail 29er (don't remember which one but is was on sale for $799 at REI). The Cannondale probably felt the best followed by the Felt and then the Trek GF."

Those are all of the bikes I have been looking at plus the Access 29er at Performance. So far none of my local bike retailers have any in stock and would have to order one with the risk I might not purchase it. The Cannondale is a nice bike but my thinking is the price difference in the Felt would give me more room for an upgrade budget, not a whole lot but definitely a good start for a new wheel set or components!

Post more pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    "I tested these 29ers (Trek GF Cobia (rode similar to the Felt), Specialized Hardrock 29er, Raleigh Talon 29er, Cannondale Trail 29er (don't remember which one but is was on sale for $799 at REI). The Cannondale probably felt the best followed by the Felt and then the Trek GF."

Those are all of the bikes I have been looking at plus the Access 29er at Performance. So far none of my local bike retailers have any in stock and would have to order one with the risk I might not purchase it. The Cannondale is a nice bike but my thinking is the price difference in the Felt would give me more room for an upgrade budget, not a whole lot but definitely a good start for a new wheel set or components!

Post more pics
    Upgrading usually is the expensive route and most of the time it is better to buy a higher equipped bike to start.

Keep in mind if you are starting out mountain biking, there are other things you will need/want to buy such as a helmet, water bottle and cage/hydration pack, spare tubes, pumps, etc.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    That is a very valid point. Luckily I have some of my gear left over from my last adventure in mountain biking a few years ago. Im currently riding a Giant Anthem 2 that belongs to a family member. I sat on my buddy's GF Paragon 29er today with similar ETT and stand over numbers as the Felt and it seemed like it fit well.

Still on the hunt for one to ride though.

mtbr member
    Nice bike... I love mine!! It rides great and can handle pretty much anything.

Here's a picture of me on the Bar M trails at Moab. I also rode on Slickrock and Amasa Back that weekend.

www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Just got my new Felt, to bad there is winter storm here..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics of my New Felt Nine-bike-005.jpg  

mtb enthusiast
    No head badges on Felt MTBs?

mtbr member
    Nice looking Felt!

mtbr member
    Nice felt

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i want the 2011 model so bad.. i hate the color of the 2012 model... it looks like a maroonish.. its just not me. anyone know where i can get last years model?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg148 View Post
    i want the 2011 model so bad.. i hate the color of the 2012 model... it looks like a maroonish.. its just not me. anyone know where i can get last years model?
    What size? My LBS had a couple on close out, I picked one up and last time I was there they still had the other 19.5.
    http://htfuaaron.blogspot.com
    2012 Niner Air 9 SS
    2011 Crux
    2012 Crux SS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast