Ride.
    Jan 2011

My Felt Q720 and its Journey

This will be my official thread for the life and times of my new FELT q720.

The bike is nice stock BUT, I tend to have a serious case of upgraditis with all of my bikes so It wont stay stock for long. You can follow the evolution of my Q720 right here.

I am currently awaiting the bikes arrival at my LBS. I traded in my custom Norco LT yesterday for the Q720 and a bunch of other cycling related items.

Felt says the med. frame should come in just under 3.8lbs. I'll be checking that when it arrives. I like to record weights on all my bikes and builds so you can pretty much bet that each stock part will be weighed and recorded.

Ride.
    Jan 2011
    Upgrade #1:
    I'll be swapping the tires out for either 2.35 dtc Nevegals I have or my favorite purgatory/captain combo. I'll put the felt tires on my wifes bike if they arent to bad. Either way it'll be done Ghetto tubeless. Then Maybe a set of wheels depending on the weight of the stock set.

og1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    the 2.35 nevegal is a tight fit on the rear. i ended up running 2.1 rear on my Q620(same frame). if your wheels are the least bit out of true, or on hard turns, the 2.35 will probably rub.

Ride.
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by og1
    the 2.35 nevegal is a tight fit on the rear. i ended up running 2.1 rear on my Q620(same frame). if your wheels are the least bit out of true, or on hard turns, the 2.35 will probably rub.
    Thanks for that tidbit of info. Maybe I'll skip right to my Purgatory / Captain combo then. I much prefer that combo anyways.

Anyone here using the Devox xam seat? rider impressions over stock seat? Its on sale for 15 bucks right now.