mtbr member
    May 2007

I wanna see some Q series!

Im looking at some of these Q series bikes (more like the Q520, been hearing good things about it). I just wanted to see what yours look like and what you guys put on them. thanks!

Short-Change-Hero
    Just got a pic of the '11 Q720 from Felt on their facebook page...
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Felt-Bicycles/148429884198#!/photo.php?pid=6731525&id=148429884198

Yeah, I'd hit that
    Jun 2010

I need to get some new pictures, will hopefully do it this weekend.

"upgrades":
    Marzocchi 44 RLO (love it! feels like a whole new bike)
    *Easton Havoc DH stem (feels much better than the super long stock stem)
    Avid BB7's
    *Got rid of the front derailleur and put in third eye chain watcher (middle gear only)
    Blackspire God Ring bashguard (want to add the Blaskspire Blackguard to replace the third eye chain watcher soon)
    *Easton E70 handle bar
    *RaceFace grips

The bike was awesome, but feels incredible now. Very solid build. New tires, wheelset, and drivetrain as the stock parts wear out/break. I was eventually planning on swapping the frame to a stonger AM HT when/if this one breaks (I'm at around 240lb's now), as you may tell from the upgrades, I ride it pretty hard.

*not pictured

edit: also have a Cane Creek 110 headset, I am waiting on grease to install.
    Last edited by NerdSpecialK; 08-05-2010 at 08:49 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Im kinda on a tight budget thats why im looking at this one. It seems to be the best thing for the money. how much did the bombers run you?

Yeah, I'd hit that
    Jun 2010
    This was the best bang for the buck I could find. The stock shocks are pretty good, but at 240lbs, I wanted something I would feel a bit more confident on, and adjustable as I keep dropping weight. The bombers were $230 from blueskycycling.com, but it doesnt look like they have it anymore.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Do you think the stock ones can handle hitting roots at speed? Thats the main thing where I ride, lots of roots and its hard on the shocks.

Yeah, I'd hit that
    Jun 2010
    You should be alright. Weight would be the real concern there. I did some small drops (2-3') with the stock shocks at around 250lb's, I dont think the roots should be much of a concern. I'm in western NY, so I know about the roots and rocks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Haha South florida here. Not much of any real hills but very technical a few drops and steep hills but nothing much.

Yeah, I'd hit that
    Jun 2010
    New (crappy) pictures!

Can't seem to figure the headset yet... need to take a apart the old one for some parts to install the 110 i guess

mtbr member
    May 2007
    WOW! My computer wont even show the pictures. Its the red X.

Short-Change-Hero
    Just saw the new Q520 at my local Felt dealer... Same color schema, but with Red/Maroon instead of Orange, as the '10.... Apparently, the '11 Q720 has been changed over to a more all white frame! He has one, but just hasn't built it yet... Looks like my $$$ is going to Felt this time around.. Giant '11 budget catalog = BOOOOO to me.