Giant Anthem

Have you ever felt this way about a bike? My first trance ride ever.

Well, the time came this week to take my new 06 trance 2 out for it's first ride since buying it. This also was my first ride ever on a full suspension. I've been on a hardtail for years. I savored every moment knowing that I'll never experience anything like this again. It was my first time. I had a perma smile on my face the whole ride and can't get over the way the ride felt; kinda like I was floating on air with traction. It ate up everything in it's path, rocks and all. Thanks to all you who recommended the trance to me, it's undescribable making the jump to full suspension, I thank God for mountain biking.

MTB B'dos

Common Reaction !!

I'll have to risk it and say that that's pretty much the common reaction from most people when they hop on a Trance, especially if they're coming off a HT or an inferior FS design. Welcome to the world of efficient and comfortable riding Now if they only made a 29er Trance, I'd be set.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    and I would be greatly happy if they could make their frames lighter ^^

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fst4u
    I thank God for mountain biking.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    and I would be greatly happy if they could make their frames lighter ^^
    they shed a few grams off with carbon frame. Will set you back a few bills though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    well, I dont really like carbon stuffs

Johny Sokko!
    I think the frame somehow would get weaker if they made it lighter. A 29er and 5.2" Travel version (the ultimate meastro).

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    hmm, this is funny, if you say that the frame would become weaker, so how bout other manufacturers like Turner, Titus, Intense??

Well I agree that they should make the Trance into 5-5.5inch TrailBike, because it seems that is the current travel standard for Trail bikes, and 4 inch is the new XC standard.

MTB B'dos
    I think he meant it wouldn't be as versatile a frame as it is right now - people are using these for serious rough riding and the frame can take it.

Don't need no stinkin 5.5" trail bike, that's what the damn Reign is for @6" and only a few pounds heavier. They DO NEED a 29er Maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    hmm, this is funny, if you say that the frame would become weaker, so how bout other manufacturers like Turner, Titus, Intense??

Well I agree that they should make the Trance into 5-5.5inch TrailBike, because it seems that is the current travel standard for Trail bikes, and 4 inch is the new XC standard.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Johny Sokko!
    The Reign does not handle the same as the Trance, as it feels like a Cadillac Escalade (with true parts for a Reign) and the Trance handles like a Acura Integra. A 5.2" version would be a hair stronger and much more versatile for Trail riding in the North American mountains, hence the reason why every other factory has a 5" travel trailbike. I'd be riding a Titus Motolite if if wasn't for their crappy quality control. Heck every new fork out is designed with 140mm being the standard.

This video is of El Prieto in Pasadena, CA. The video doesn't show it, but its rocky as hell and my Trance gets thrown around and Reign makes me feel like I'm cheating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RKF-wN8uQ