mtbr member

Fisher Ferrous vs Felt Nine Pro

Just need a little insight here. I'm tired of the 26" FS world. I want a solid 29" HT that will need little maintenance, or upgrades. I'd prefer steel, but I also want no-nonsense components. Here's how I see it:
    - Felt Nine Pro - perfect specs (for my needs), but an aluminum frame...not so bad, but I'd prefer steel...
    - Fisher Ferrous 29 - decent specs (not up to snuff w/ the Felt), a superb steel frame, but with EBB ( remember I don't want maintenance hassles & b.s....no squeeks/ creaks!!)
    I want vertical, geared- specific dropouts...not interseted in SS, or rigid. If the EBB is a pain in the arse, I don't want it. I could always get the Felt, then buy a steel frame later on ( Vassago Bandersnatch, err-um). Anybody care to chime in?
    Thanks
    Last edited by go-pirates; 06-01-2007 at 08:40 PM.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i like the felt, though i have little experience with the fisher.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    i have a fisher ferrous and love it to death. All around the bike is great for climbing and downhill- super stable and a blast to ride

I just passed you

Ferrous

I sell both Fishers and Felts. If you are all excited about the Felt spec, I understand. Understand too that the Felt has a foreign made , aluminum frame. Good frame, BUT the Ferrous has a True Temper OX Platinum American made frame; much better frame.

My two cents:

If you want to ride the Felt for a couple years and get the latest and greatest down the road, it's a good decision.

If you want to keep the bike for a long time, fall in love with the steel ride and maybe even repaint it in the future. The Ferrous is a good decision.

I personally love my Ferrous. Damn smooth ridin' and killer geometry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

lol

I love my ferrous ... i can't stop smiling ... felt is felt ... Fisher is fisher ... that is your answer.

you cannot compare the two companies. One with passion for mountain ... and the other still getting their bearings in the industry.

Ox platinum is the best material for a hardtail! ... the ferrous is by far the best 29er i've ever owned and ridden.

--Drew

ps. genesis really works. the geometry is killer ...

mtbr member
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but can the Ferrous be ordered frame only?
    If you ain't first, you're last...

-Ricky Bobby

EXORCIZE

Different fit?

I've also been checking out these 2 bikes and noticed 2 measurements really stood out: GF's headtubes measure 90/105mm for their 19" and 21", Felt has 120/130mm on their 19.5" and 21.5". Also the GF's BB height is 20mm higher at 12.4" and about as tall as I've seen on such a bike.
    ride natty ride