mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Are Felt's Problems Fixed?

Hey everyone, i'm thinking about purchasing a 2009 leftover Virtue 2 but after reading some of the posts here I think I need some move convincing. Has the problem with the bolts been resolved yet? Should I not think about getting this bike? I really like it and seems to perform well but I don't want to buy something that is plagued with problems. Thanks for your help.

Ray

mtbr member
    So how much of your own work do you do??? My '08 Virtue 2 has only had the EquiLink bolt issue, which I was able to repair myself. If you rely on your lbs for all repairs, Felt ownership may be a test of patience. If you do your own work and have a good source (NOT Felt!!) of replacement parts, you'll enjoy the bike. I love the Virtue 2's ride, etc, but am more than a bit disappointed in Felt's customer service folks...
    TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

Warrior's Society
    The '09s were a pretty big change from the '08s, so I would recon that they sorted out whatever problems they were having.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailZen
    So how much of your own work do you do??? My '08 Virtue 2 has only had the EquiLink bolt issue, which I was able to repair myself. If you rely on your lbs for all repairs, Felt ownership may be a test of patience. If you do your own work and have a good source (NOT Felt!!) of replacement parts, you'll enjoy the bike. I love the Virtue 2's ride, etc, but am more than a bit disappointed in Felt's customer service folks...
    TZ
    I do a lot of traveling for work so I am not dependent on any LBS. I will do most of the wrenching on it. Supposedly they have fixed their problems but as long as parts are available, I can get past anything that breaks. Now this doesn't mean that I want to buy a bike with ongoing problems either. I just really liked the Virtue 2 in an LBS where I am right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    09 Virtue 1 owner here and I've had absolutely ZERO issues w/ the pivot hardware or anything. Bike is simply amazing in how the suspension works/behaves, just spend a few minutes getting the shock dialed in. This is a true sleeper out there in the XC/endurance world. Go for it you won't be disappointed.

Currrently awaiting a '10 Compulsion 1 to round out the quiver...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have an 06 Virtue2 and love it. When I upgrade, I will most likely stick with Felt as the Equilink is sweeeet!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    That's good to know guys. Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    I have an '07 Virtue 3 with about 600 miles and have had no problems at all.