mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Felt Virtue paint??

Hi. I just purchased a 2008 Virtue one and when it came in it had a dent in the down tube so I contacted Felt and they sent a new frame out to me to replace it. The first (dented) frame that I received had a gloss white paint job. The replacement frame that just arrived is a matte white finish, does anyone know if Felt made this frame in both gloss and matte finish?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you and it appears nobody else does either! You should tell them that you want the gloss if you like that better. They need to replace what they originally gave you. If you like the matte.....keep it! I would think that the white "gloss" would wash off easier than the matte but I could be wrong. Good luck! I have a 2007 Virtue 2 and have been loving it!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hey Shawn... thanks for the reply! Truth is, I purchased it from my LBS, the owner being a good friend of mine, and am now at school 8 hours away so I haven't seen the matte colored frame. I really dont mind it being a matte finish as opposed to gloss but it makes me wonder whats really going on here? Why would they make two different finishes for the same bike? I just hope that the finish is the only difference between the two and there isn't some weird story behind the whole deal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It is a bit odd. Here is the link which shows it in white gloss only. http://www.feltracing.com/08/product...,1526&pid=8726
    Even this years white frame is gloss.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeah really strange. Ill give a call to Felt tomorrow and see what the deal is. Ill let you know when I find out what is going on. Thanks again for the help!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Well, couldn't get in touch with felt but my buddy mentioned that the matte finish maybe what they use for frame only sales, since they only had to replace the frame, they just sent out one of their frame only kits. Thats all I have to go on... the matte finish does look sick though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Got an answer!!

So I emailed Felt yesterday and they sent this message back:

Hello John,

I appreciate your e-mail and support in our bicycles. The frames are
    absolutely identical in everything but the paint finish. We had the customer
    service frames painted with a matte finish so we could distinguish the
    warranty frames. Again thanks so much for the support and enjoy your Virtue

Take care,

Felt Bicycles.

Glad that its as simple as that. Now I can't wait for all this snow to melt and get back home to ride the hell out of it!

banned
    Jul 2008
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you and it appears nobody else does either! You should tell them that you want the gloss if you like that better. They need to replace what they originally gave you. If you like the matte.....keep it! I would think that the white "gloss" would wash off easier than the matte but I could be wrong. Good luck! I have a 2007 Virtue 2 and have been loving it!!!