Rider, Builder, Dreamer

New question here. Felt Virtue Fork travel?

I'm looking at a Felt Virtue frame as a possible platform for my first fullie. Has anyone run one with a larger-than-stock fork? I see the complete bikes come with 120 up front, but I have a Tora 318 U-turn that I pretty religiously keep at 130. I would like to put something like a Pike at 140 on front if it is not deemed to be too radical.

Any thoughts/comments/experiences would be stellar. Cheers!

Warrior's Society
    The Virtue is a 130mm frame and most of the forks that were spec'd on it were 130mm, so 140mm shouldn't be too much of a problem. I wouldn't recomend going any bigger than that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    The Virtue is a 130mm frame and most of the forks that were spec'd on it were 130mm, so 140mm shouldn't be too much of a problem. I wouldn't recomend going any bigger than that.
    My Virtue came with a Revelation 130mm. I agree to avoid going over 140mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I run a RS Revelation Team 140mm on my 08 Virtue (which also came with a 130mm Recon) - have no troubles whatsoever. Just my opinion, but I would look at the Revelation over the Pike - lighter fork and if you want a thru axle you can get them with that too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You may be able to get a good deal on a Redemption frame.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    thanks for the input gents. I ended up opting against the Felt frame, since I got a solid deal on a used Trek Remedy instead. Still, I would like to get one of the smaller Felt frames at some point, and this feedback may yet prove useful. Cheers!