Rider, Builder, Dreamer

New question here. Felt Virtue Fork travel?

I'm looking at a Felt Virtue frame as a possible platform for my first fullie. Has anyone run one with a larger-than-stock fork? I see the complete bikes come with 120 up front, but I have a Tora 318 U-turn that I pretty religiously keep at 130. I would like to put something like a Pike at 140 on front if it is not deemed to be too radical.

Any thoughts/comments/experiences would be stellar. Cheers!
    Go ride your bike.

SS Pusher Man
    The Virtue is a 130mm frame and most of the forks that were spec'd on it were 130mm, so 140mm shouldn't be too much of a problem. I wouldn't recomend going any bigger than that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    The Virtue is a 130mm frame and most of the forks that were spec'd on it were 130mm, so 140mm shouldn't be too much of a problem. I wouldn't recomend going any bigger than that.
    My Virtue came with a Revelation 130mm. I agree to avoid going over 140mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I run a RS Revelation Team 140mm on my 08 Virtue (which also came with a 130mm Recon) - have no troubles whatsoever. Just my opinion, but I would look at the Revelation over the Pike - lighter fork and if you want a thru axle you can get them with that too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You may be able to get a good deal on a Redemption frame.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    thanks for the input gents. I ended up opting against the Felt frame, since I got a solid deal on a used Trek Remedy instead. Still, I would like to get one of the smaller Felt frames at some point, and this feedback may yet prove useful. Cheers!
    Go ride your bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0