mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Felt Virtue 2 Shock Setup (Bobbing on climbs)

Hey guys,

Im riding a Virtue 2. Its an 08 and a nice bike. Fox Fork (Float R 32mm) and Rear RP2. No Lockout on the Fork but I have the rebound dialed all the way out and the RP2 pro pedal is set to :lock: but it still has suspension in it. Its not like a hard tail.

This by far is the better or faster setup for me. If I run the fork Dial all the way down, the has to much spring. In other words, whn it goes down, it comes back up really hard and fast. With it Dialed all the way out, its not so bad.

The Rear shock, feels good. Nice and spring but its too much with it "on" so I leave it in the locked position s it wont work. The bob is less with those 2 settings.

With that said, its still bobs when I am out of the saddle. No bad but its robbing power. I dont know if my rear is out of air, has blown seals or what. The Fork is a Float R with 32mm Stanchions.

I bought the bike used on Ebay. Its fast, efficient and a really nice bike but its all about lap times where I ride and I feel like its taking alot of time off of me by bobbing. 26 pound bike.

Thanks to all that lend a hand.

Chris
    P4:13

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    40 views.

Anyone?

Bump

16 inches of snow here tonight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Alrighty then. Thanks to all that replied.

lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Heath
    Hey guys,

Im riding a Virtue 2. Its an 08 and a nice bike. Fox Fork (Float R 32mm) and Rear RP2. No Lockout on the Fork but I have the rebound dialed all the way out and the RP2 pro pedal is set to :lock: but it still has suspension in it. Its not like a hard tail.

This by far is the better or faster setup for me. If I run the fork Dial all the way down, the has to much spring. In other words, whn it goes down, it comes back up really hard and fast. With it Dialed all the way out, its not so bad.

The Rear shock, feels good. Nice and spring but its too much with it "on" so I leave it in the locked position s it wont work. The bob is less with those 2 settings.

With that said, its still bobs when I am out of the saddle. No bad but its robbing power. I dont know if my rear is out of air, has blown seals or what. The Fork is a Float R with 32mm Stanchions.

I bought the bike used on Ebay. Its fast, efficient and a really nice bike but its all about lap times where I ride and I feel like its taking alot of time off of me by bobbing. 26 pound bike.

Thanks to all that lend a hand.

Chris
    On the upper rocker plates there is laser etched a guide to the correct sag for the bike.
    As for rebound, on the RP2 screw in (clockwise) the red rebound knob until it stops - do not force the knob. Unscrew the knob (anti-clockwise) 4 clicks. This should be near enough spot on - unless your over 14 stone where you may require only 2 clicks from fully closed.

I would not use the pro-pedal setting on this shock (the lever). Leave it in the off/open position. The red Equlink does the same job as turning the pro-pedal to the on position in the shock. Not using the pro-pedal leaves the shock unhindered and allows it to be more supple in its action.

As for the fork, setup the sag to your desired amount by altering the air pressure in the left leg. There is no hard and fast rule for forks, usually approx 20-25% is a good starting point. As for rebound, screw the red adjuster clockwise until it stops, then turn it back anti clockwise 4 clicks. This is a good base setting to start with.
    Last edited by Grimtech; 12-22-2009 at 01:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks alot!