Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Felt Redemption

mtbr member

Felt Redemption

Thinking about picking up a closeout redemption frame. Anyone know why Felt quit making them. Is there an issue with them?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have a redemption 2 and love it

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I love my Redemption 3. I know I've heard people complain (in online reviews) about the steep front end geometry and high BB. I think the bike feels and handles great but I'll be the first to admit I'm not all that fast!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Own the Redemption 2 and also love it. I was looking at Norco Six's, Transition Prestons, Santa Cruz Blur's, and ended up buying my Felt.(price was a factor)

I called Felt, and asked why they stopped making the Redemption, they told me more people wanted the lighter weight full's so the compulsion ended up being a better seller.

ebay had a few built redemption 2's for 1500 complete- you will never find another bike for that price that can go up hill, down hill, and cross country that weighs<35 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate3510
    Thinking about picking up a closeout redemption frame. Anyone know why Felt quit making them. Is there an issue with them?
    felt have 2009 redemption out ,only available in europe. have changed the head angle abit not as steep and short as the 08 model

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by l1egs
    felt have 2009 redemption out ,only available in europe. have changed the head angle abit not as steep and short as the 08 model
    I just bought one a few hours ago. LBS somehow got a hold of 4 of them. He said they were "picture bikes" or something. Don't know. Not a scratch on it. Got a smoking deal.

I'll be sure to post a review after a few rides. I hope I like it!

Tigers love pepper...
    (copied from my thread in the clyde forum)

First ride tonight, loved it. Only did about 5 miles. Steady moderate uphill out and then a little more technical downhill on the way down. Wanted to stay away from the tough stuff till I got the feeling for the new ride.

Holy cow, what a difference from my cheap Jamis hardtail on the downhill stuff. Also, being the first time going uphill on a FS I really didn't feel like I lost much on the steep climbing sections. After I learn how to set the rear shock to my liking it will probably be even better. Brakes were a huge difference. I found myself having to be careful using the brakes! On my old Jamis I used to have to REALLY pull them in sections. Difference between a $350 bike and a much more expensive one I guess!

Did a nice 0mph fall. First time doing it since I went clipless. Everyone was impressed. Thankfully the bike landed on me ;-)

Got 2 more rides planned this week already! I'll post a few pics later.

Tigers love pepper...
    Here it is!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Looks great, congrats! Which one did you get? 1,2,3?

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipM
    Looks great, congrats! Which one did you get? 1,2,3?
    The 2.

http://www.feltracing.com/09-catalog...ion-2-int.aspx

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    I have an 08 redemption 2 and love it, but do wish it had a little wider wheel base.

mtbr member
    check out the redemption 1, it comes with the Hammershmidt(my spelling is questionalble on this) internal geared crank set.
    33 lb package, but my current bike is 32 lbs but only 5" travel and no Hammershmidt

mtbr member

Good job! Almost got them.

We missed the picture and demo bike closeout by this much. Felt had offered 2009 Redemptions which were only available in Europe. I wish they would release the model with the Hammerschmidt here in the US. I own a 2008 Redemption 3 and love it. Wished I had ponied up for the 1. Felt's FS bikes are the business.
    Round Trip Bike Shop
    A local bike shop in Casa Grande, AZ
    www.roundtripbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I am thinking about getting an 08 felt red 1 or 2. I am 5'8 with a 32 or 31 inch inseam. Should I get a m or large? Just wondering. I usually ride medium, but i have heard some peeps saying they run small???

mtbr member

Not small, just short.....

I am 6'1 3/4" with a 32" inseam. I am riding the large and my jangles are getting tickled when I stand over the bike. I switched to a 20mm longer stem than was stock (90mm I think) to improve climbing and to stretch me out a little. Redemptions are short in the top tube but tall in stand over. I would go with the smaller bike if I could get away with it and extend the stem. You're shorter in the torso than I am but your stand over is the same. You could do well with the shorter bike.
    Round Trip Bike Shop
    A local bike shop in Casa Grande, AZ
    www.roundtripbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkoola
    I am thinking about getting an 08 felt red 1 or 2. I am 5'8 with a 32 or 31 inch inseam. Should I get a m or large? Just wondering. I usually ride medium, but i have heard some peeps saying they run small???
    I have a large 08 Redemption 2. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and with my feet planted flat on the ground my crotch barely hits the top tube. As far as the steep head angle, the bike still ride and feels great.

29-26 Who Cares Just Ride
    I love my Redemption 3! I have done a lot of riding in the Atlanta area and in Chattanooga and this bike likes it all.

The only thing I have done is change out the rear derailer and quickshifters to Sram X9 and have been much happier than with the Shimano Shadow rear derailleur.

JoeCriscione
    I gotta say I absolutely love my 3, but I am not too thrilled with my chain and dérailleur setup. When I get it muddy, the chain slips if i put too much pressure on it. Everything else is perfect. I would, however recommend a different seat, as mine has given me a rash several times :/
    If you ain't first, you ain't first. Stop complaining.schumacher2008@live.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate3510
    still make them for Europe, not sure why they stop in US only that the Redemption (all mtn) is pretty close to their other am bike. mine is rad though, make sure you get 160mm+fork

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    (copied from my thread in the clyde forum)

First ride tonight, loved it. Only did about 5 miles. Steady moderate uphill out and then a little more technical downhill on the way down. Wanted to stay away from the tough stuff till I got the feeling for the new ride.

Holy cow, what a difference from my cheap Jamis hardtail on the downhill stuff. Also, being the first time going uphill on a FS I really didn't feel like I lost much on the steep climbing sections. After I learn how to set the rear shock to my liking it will probably be even better. Brakes were a huge difference. I found myself having to be careful using the brakes! On my old Jamis I used to have to REALLY pull them in sections. Difference between a $350 bike and a much more expensive one I guess!

Did a nice 0mph fall. First time doing it since I went clipless. Everyone was impressed. Thankfully the bike landed on me ;-)

Got 2 more rides planned this week already! I'll post a few pics later.
    I have the 08 redemption 2. And I can tell you, this bike is tough. Don't be afraid to go full force. Especially with the heavy, over built part spec

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarney19
    I have a large 08 Redemption 2. I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and with my feet planted flat on the ground my crotch barely hits the top tube. As far as the steep head angle, the bike still ride and feels great.
    I've the very same bike as you...in M 17.5. and I am 6ft. I turned the stem upside down to compensate for high head tube, and all is gold. i live at a ski resort and mainly take the lift up nowadays, but still like some trail time. With my seatpost all the way up is great geometry, but when all the way down cockpit is cramped, but mostly i stand then anyhow. This is a great setup. Gonna throw on a laid back thompson on there and then it's on!

JoeCriscione
    Quote Originally Posted by pvsd4090
    still make them for Europe, not sure why they stop in US only that the Redemption (all mtn) is pretty close to their other am bike. mine is rad though, make sure you get 160mm+fork
    Why the 160mm? I have a standard Lyrik at 140mm and i can't tell the difference between the two. I don't like how high it puts the front up...
    If you ain't first, you ain't first. Stop complaining.schumacher2008@live.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

I have the feld 09 -lovinggggggggg it

Quote Originally Posted by cobi
    Here it is!

here some pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Felt Redemption-0001-026.jpg  

Felt Redemption-0001-109-copy.jpg  

Felt Redemption-0001-186.jpg  

Felt Redemption-0001-268.jpg  

Felt Redemption-picture-078.jpg  

Felt Redemption-picture-077.jpg  

Felt Redemption-copy-picture-053.jpg  

Felt Redemption-picture-055.jpg  

Felt Redemption-picture-065.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCriscione
    Why the 160mm? I have a standard Lyrik at 140mm and i can't tell the difference between the two. I don't like how high it puts the front up...
    I know, this bike has what can only be called a mis design in 2008 with the really high head tube placement, but I prefer to run my stem upside down, 40mm rise Easton 70's; opposed to the 60mm rise stock Felt bars and the full 160mm travel. I live at a ski resort and need the travel here. Plus I set my Lyric pretty soft with about 30% sag, so with stem upside down, lower bars, and sag, mine feels great to me. If you wind down the Lyric fork, it acts like preload and makes your suspension stiffer, and so your sag is wrong, your fork is xc firm, and you are losing floaty travel. Try turning your stem around and run 160.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast