mtbr member
    May 2006

Felt Niner Solo Help

I just brought home my new niner solo and took it for a ride. I noticed that there was play in the crank arms, so I tried to tighten the crank. No go it was tight. I noticed that there was side to side play and also vertical play. Is there supposed to be any bottom bracket spacers installed, if so how many and on what side? All help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Flip your bike upside down and check the two hex screws that hold the bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I pulled the bottom bracket and the crank. Were the crank rides on the bearings on the drive side and non drive side are two different sizes on the stylo, requiring the drive side and non drive side two use two different size bearings in the bb. It had two of the drive side cups instead of a dive side and non drive side cup. It also didn't have the bb spacers that are used if you have a 68 mm bb. It was installed with no spacers from the factory. I verified my info with the stylo manual. Some one just made a mistake either at felt or truvativ with the bb.

Vegan Athlete
    Bummer for you. I havn't had any trouble with mine yet (except the broken chain after about 10 rides) and am loving it.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

On your left!!!!!
    my rear hub is toast after about 100 hours of riding.This thing is making the worst creaking and grinding sound you have ever heard. I posted a thread two days ago (on the 29er forum) about not liking the way a 29er vs a 26er raced. I have come to find out that the rear hub is binding and thats what was making me feel like i was a freaking first timer Damn it!!!!!! And I thought I was simplifying things by going ss.
    I'm poor, broke,busted,disgusted and can't be trusted!

Every man belieives in something and I believe I'll have one more beer.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I can not speak on the hub issue. My hubs feel good. I called felt and they passed me on to truvativ who is sending me a new BB. Luckily I had another new crank for another bike build with the same BB. So I installed that on and problem solved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_8408
    I pulled the bottom bracket and the crank. Where the crank rides on the bearings on the drive side and non drive side, there are two different sizes on the stylo, requiring the drive side and non drive side two use two different size bearings in the bb. It had two of the drive side cups instead of a dive side and non drive side cup. It also didn't have the bb spacers that are used if you have a 68 mm bb. It was installed with no spacers from the factory. I verified my info with the stylo manual. Some one just made a mistake either at felt or truvativ with the bb.
    If you had 2 of the drive side cups installed then wouldn't the non-drive side of your EBB have its threads damaged as the threads run in opposite directions?