Thread: Felt Nine Race

HNR
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Felt Nine Race

Hi folks

I'm new here. I've recently got into XC and XC duathlons, so I'm looking to get myself a 29er. I recently placed 10th on a rental 26er in a field of 50... So my own ride is a must for the next one . Also looking to use it for an occasional 15mile commute (maybe with some slick tyres)

I have the opportunity to get a Felt Nine Race at a good price (in the uk)- spec is slightly different here, with a mix of deore, slx and xt. It would be an online order as there are very few/no Felt stockists near me. It's the first bike I have bought in about 15 years, so slightly apprehensive before I part with the cash, so had a few questions:

1) is the geometry quite racey? (that's what I'm looking for- so any alternatives?)
    2) would it fit the use I've described above
    3) Has anyone got some pics of the paint job in the flesh- I can only find the official pics online- hard to tell if I like the colour or not!
    4) sizing- I'm 6ft4, 34inch leg. I'm guessing xl, but no local stockist to try one out I sat on a cannondale and trek XL and both seemed about right.....

Any guidance or comments appreciated!!

Cheers,

HNR

Certifiably Crazy
    Here's some pictures of mine.

2011 Felt Z5
    2012 Felt Nine Race
    2013 Felt Edict Nine