Thread: Felt Nine Race

mtbr member

Felt Nine Race

Hi folks

I'm new here. I've recently got into XC and XC duathlons, so I'm looking to get myself a 29er. I recently placed 10th on a rental 26er in a field of 50... So my own ride is a must for the next one . Also looking to use it for an occasional 15mile commute (maybe with some slick tyres)

I have the opportunity to get a Felt Nine Race at a good price (in the uk)- spec is slightly different here, with a mix of deore, slx and xt. It would be an online order as there are very few/no Felt stockists near me. It's the first bike I have bought in about 15 years, so slightly apprehensive before I part with the cash, so had a few questions:

1) is the geometry quite racey? (that's what I'm looking for- so any alternatives?)
    2) would it fit the use I've described above
    3) Has anyone got some pics of the paint job in the flesh- I can only find the official pics online- hard to tell if I like the colour or not!
    4) sizing- I'm 6ft4, 34inch leg. I'm guessing xl, but no local stockist to try one out I sat on a cannondale and trek XL and both seemed about right.....

Any guidance or comments appreciated!!

Certifiably Crazy
    Here's some pictures of mine.

2013 Felt Edict Nine