mtbr member

Felt Nine Pro???

Has anyone ridden a Felt Nine Pro? For the money, the specs look pretty dang good, but I can't find much info on this bike. Any insight would be much appreciated.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i've ridden felt's nine elite, it's a pretty nice ride. good value, it does fit big though. our shop has an 17.5 on the floor, and some of the guys who ride 18 inch surlys or 17 in/medium frames in everything else don't fit well on this bike.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

Birthday Collector
    Check out their web site. Looks like a pretty nice bike - I like Felt's products, but don't think I will ever own a hardtail aluminum framed bike. If it's a hardtail, I want steel or ti.

http://www.feltracing.com/products/p...,1446&pid=8569

mtbr member
    The last two replies make good sense to me...I'm 6'2", so a bigger frame is welcome. And I'd probably prefer steel (can't afford, and don't need TI), but the specs are hard to ignore/ beat with anybody else's steel offerings (can anybody beat this spec w/ steel?). I can deal with aluminum, since I tend to ride a trail only for a couple of hours, and then strap the bike on top of my car and head for the homefront for some cold beers .

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Felt makes some of the best speced bikes out there for the $$$$. Good values and nice product

mtbr member
    May 2005
    make sure you sit on it. Frame is kinda weird fit.
    I sat on a 17.5 and it seemed like I was wayyy back. Kinda like a low rider HarleyDavidson feel.
    I then straddled a GF Rig 17.5 and it fit like a glove.
    true, the Felts look killer, spec'd pretty good for the $$, but, its gotta fit.
    if I went for the 15.5 the seatpost would have been really, really exposed to the max.
    so, before you buy, make sure you try.
    fyi...I am 5'10 and ride a 18 inch Sworks HT frame 26"

mtbr member

First ride impressions

Well I got the 08 felt nine pro about a week ago. Due to the A$$ cold weather here I just got out on it this weekend.

The spec sheet for this bike is great and a main sale point for me. Its full XT down to the chain. Great stuff. This also marks a switch back to the big S from SRAM.

Frame ride is about as good as can be expected from a AL frame. I think the large air volume from the tires helps with this. It is very fast in changing directions and cuts switch backs very well. I really like that aspect of this bike. Its climbs really well why seated.

Out of the saddle and rocking back and forth on the handle bars in a climb can cause one to be more then just a little unstable. I went down pretty hard why doing this and tacoed my first wheel ever.

I dont know if the front end is just more aggressive or I was having a bad day... But I am planning on setting my stem lower on the bike and getting one that is at least 1 cm shorter. I am hoping that will put some more weight on the front end.

Side note I am 5'11" and 200 lbs with out gear. I have done many 12 hour races and etc etc. This is the first shifty bike I have had in almost a year and a half so maybe there are some issues.

Thanks
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

'08 Nine Pro

Anyone else have experience with the '08 Nine Pro? What about some of you that have had yours for a while now? Could you provide an update? I'm considering this bike but haven't found one in the LBS to test ride. For that matter, there aren't many 29ers in any of my local shops.

illuminator82
    Jun 2004
    this might help...

NEW Stumpy 29er HT review

Thread Pollution
    I really don't like my '07.The bottom bracket is to low. The derailer cables are guided under the down tube and catches my reba when handle bars are turned all the way to the right or left.The rear drop outs are too wide for the hub and makes the hub lock nut come loose after one ride,not to mention the huge flex in the bottom chainstay when i close the quick release.Feels like a slug in the mud even going down hill on forest roads. A true lemon of a bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    I really don't like my '07.The bottom bracket is to low. The derailer cables are guided under the down tube and catches my reba when handle bars are turned all the way to the right or left.The rear drop outs are too wide for the hub and makes the hub lock nut come loose after one ride,not to mention the huge flex in the bottom chainstay when i close the quick release.Feels like a slug in the mud even going down hill on forest roads. A true lemon of a bike
    Thanks. Interesting.