mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Does anyone here have a Nine series HT 29er?

I am currently a Specialized owner, but I was looking at the Nine 3 carbon 29er HT, it looks great. For the price, a carbon frame and the compinents and the Schwalbe tires.

I kinda want to get this bike, does anyone have any reviews about it? Thanks!

Nine 3 - Felt Bicycles

mtbr member
    Late to the party on my response but I like my Nine1 quite well.

I didn't get along with the SRAM X01 so I swapped out to XTR, much better - now I know. That said it's a fine riding bike if you're buying it with the expectation that it's a XC RACE bike. I'm particular where I ride it and leave it at home in favor of my F/S bike when I go ride and race technical trails/courses but for less severe terrain and gravel grinding it's great. I should also add that I am running a rigid fork from Whisky so it's really set up as a flat bar road bike, gravel grinder, and cyclocross bike - with the occasional local trail loop. I had planned on doing some short track with it as well. Very versatile, I'm just a F/S rider when the trail gets rough!

Beware of the cable routing. It's the only thing I really don't care for, if you do your own maintenance changing a cable isn't easy. Not the hardest internal routing bike ever, but I don't like the cable stop and "monkey" tail solution Felt has here - it's too much like a road or tri bike in that way, but what do I expect from a TRI and road company?

The geometry is nice. It's nothing mind blowingly good or progressive but with decently short chain stays and a lower BB, it doesn't mind cornering - even with a road bike saddle height!
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have a 2014 Felt Nine 1, and I really like it. My bike has all XT with an XTR rear derailleur. Good bike, getting ready to race it in Leadville in a few weeks.