Thread: Carbon 29er

mtbr member
    May 2007

Carbon 29er

Any word on how this is moving along?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said they would announce at Interbike in September.

Thread Pollution
    hope they work out the fork from clanking the frame on sharp rights and lefts , change the cable routes from bottom to top tube.Otherwise it's just going to be an expensive piece of plastic comparable to feces.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    hope they work out the fork from clanking the frame on sharp rights and lefts , change the cable routes from bottom to top tube.Otherwise it's just going to be an expensive piece of plastic comparable to feces.
    Ah, always looking towards the positive side of the equation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have some pictuture

and according to spec frame will be only 1200gramms with 1 piece full carbon dropouts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron
    I have some pictuture

and according to spec frame will be only 1200gramms with 1 piece full carbon dropouts.

Anyone have any updates on this frame? The Felt website makes it appear that the "Nine Team" and "Nine Elite" (both using the new carbon frame) are both available, but I haven't been able to track one down. I'm in the MidAtlantic region, so maybe distrubtion is slower out here?

Anyone know if it'll be available as a frame only?

It'll be nice to have another option to the Superfly and single-size Orbea, but I'm a little leary of Felt's customer service, especially on a pricey, brand-new design...

Got Twins?
    I rode that exact bike at Dirt Demo in September. Supposed to be available back in November but not sure. There is a frame only option but it's a little lighter than the Nine Team. Your LBS should have the pricing and availablility info.
    The ride was amazing and I'm sold. As soon as I sell my Mamasita, that's the next frame I'm ordering.

L8
    Let us Ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My shop here in nor cal has them and they said they would soon be offering a frame only which still comes with headset, seatpost, and maybe derailleur or something like that. pretty sweet looking.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

www.cyclng.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcools
    My shop here in nor cal has them and they said they would soon be offering a frame only which still comes with headset, seatpost, and maybe derailleur or something like that. pretty sweet looking.
    How much for the frame,headset and seat post? They don't have that as an option on the felt website or i couldn't find it.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I was told that it is not available right now, not sure what that means but you can call and ask your Felt dealer, I think he called them direct and asked them for me.

Just to highjack this thread for a sec are you riding a Mamasita?? I saw your sig. How do you like it and what year is it?? I was looking at a 2008 frame on ebay and a 2009 frame on speed goat. Love the looks of the 2009 and the HA is supposed to be a bit more slack.
    I like to ride Bikes. This might be turning into an obsession, not sure?

www.cyclng.com

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by tdee
    How much for the frame,headset and seat post? They don't have that as an option on the felt website or i couldn't find it.

They will be offering the Nine Team Carbon frameset. Expect it to be in the $2200-2400 range.

mtbr member
    I ordered my 09 Elite 29er a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I get it soon because my first race is in March and I'm bikeless right now. First time on a 29er, hopefully I like it.