bike rider

Cam Zink off Felt

I always thought it was weird that Cam Zink was Felt's highest profile rider but he's not anymore and called their frames "crap". I've ridden the Virtue and Compulsion and they're not crap for their intended purposes (XC & XCish all-mountain) but as a freerider being forced to make do with one I can understand his frustration.
    Do any of you know why Felt sponsored a freerider (it's obviously an XC & road focused brand)? Did they plan on making a freeride frame? Did they sell ANY frames from this sponsorship?
    Keep the Country country.

I <3 bikes
    apparently, Cam cought wind of a thread on ridemonkey regarding his Felt bashing quote and responded with the following

"Cam Zink's Press Release Wasn't Approved
    Due to the serious backlash by my "quote" I am finding myself doing my first post on RideMonkey... Or any Mountain Bike forum.
    The quote was talking, jokingly in a casual situation, with absolutely no intention of it going anywhere. Of course it is irresponsible to even let words like that come out of my mouth, and the majority of the hating I've received on the forum is well deserved. In contrast, thanks to all the people who have my back and defended my "official quote." It means a lot to me!

Truthfully, Felts bikes were not crap. People thought I was probably insinuating they are sub-par for what Freeriders are doing nowadays. Regardless, that isn't why it was said, intended to be confidential. It was said jokingly to make someone at Corsair laugh, letting them know in excess of how truly stoked I am to be riding their bike.
    Other news blogs refused to post it because they know it isn't professional and didn't want something like this getting out with my name on it; they know me better than that.
    I don't know how it slipped by the sites that did post it.

On a positive note: The hold on loosely tour is back this year. Here is the show produced from the last tour. I hope I didn't leave too bad of taste in your mouth to enjoy it.
    http://vimeo.com/3243788

Thesensus.com " -- copied from Ridemonkey.com http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231800

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by svmike
    apparently, Cam cought wind of a thread on ridemonkey regarding his Felt bashing quote and responded with the following

"Cam Zink's Press Release Wasn't Approved
    Due to the serious backlash by my "quote" I am finding myself doing my first post on RideMonkey... Or any Mountain Bike forum.
    The quote was talking, jokingly in a casual situation, with absolutely no intention of it going anywhere. Of course it is irresponsible to even let words like that come out of my mouth, and the majority of the hating I've received on the forum is well deserved. In contrast, thanks to all the people who have my back and defended my "official quote." It means a lot to me!

Truthfully, Felts bikes were not crap. People thought I was probably insinuating they are sub-par for what Freeriders are doing nowadays. Regardless, that isn't why it was said, intended to be confidential. It was said jokingly to make someone at Corsair laugh, letting them know in excess of how truly stoked I am to be riding their bike.
    Other news blogs refused to post it because they know it isn't professional and didn't want something like this getting out with my name on it; they know me better than that.
    I don't know how it slipped by the sites that did post it.

On a positive note: The hold on loosely tour is back this year. Here is the show produced from the last tour. I hope I didn't leave too bad of taste in your mouth to enjoy it.
    http://vimeo.com/3243788

Thesensus.com " -- copied from Ridemonkey.com http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231800
    This guy should get it together, either be with Felt or not. I just bought a new issue of MB Action and he is on a Felt ad about 15 pages in. I could care less about road....but this guy is the only one I've ever seen doing Felt Mtb ads, so he better get his **** together. My Felt Mtb is rad and I love it, if Cameron doesn't like his bikes he should go elsewhere. Not to mention I know how he rides and he would totally break any Roscoe, Remedy, or likewise anyhow just as easily.