Thread: Biggest drop

I <3 bikes

Biggest drop

what's the biggest drop you've done on your Felt and how did the bike take it? Would like to hear from Compulsion owners, but all models are welcome.

So far I've only done a few measly 2 foot drops on my '09 Comp 3. Needless to say the bike wasn't phased a bit. I haven't come close to pushing this bike yet as I'm still getting use to it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have a Virtue2 and 4ft drops seem to be a bit too much for the bike. It could be that I am not smooth enough, but I have been staying away from anything higher than 3ft to flat. The bike doesn't seem solid enough. A friend rides a compulsion and he hits 5ft to flat no problem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

My redamption

2 pic
    2 meters drop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biggest drop-copy-picture-053.jpg  

Biggest drop-picture-078.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hard to tell from the pictures... is that a compulsion or a redemption ? What fork ?

Cool pictures.

I <3 bikes
    went off a 2.5 to 3 foot drop Sunday and bottomed out the rear. Disappointed that the shock bottomed so easily. I'm running b/n 140 and 150psi which works well enough on the trails, but apparently I need to run a higher pressure when doing drops.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewN209
    Hard to tell from the pictures... is that a compulsion or a redemption ? What fork ?

Cool pictures.
    Its a Redemption 2
    RS Lirik

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a Felt Q720 and a similar question. As I've gotten a bit more comfortable on the bike, I've started really trying to fly down some of the trails I regular. At one point there is a small stone wall (maybe 2 ft?) that you ride over at high speeds. The drop could end up being significant because of the momentum and the continuing downhill slope after the wall. Could this be too much for the frame or any components on my bike? I've taken it fairly slowly over that each time out of fear of buckling the frame or damaging anything (I am 6'1" and around 185lbs).