mtbr member
    May 2004

Which Is Better For 24hr Racing: BMC or Felt?

I am fortunate to have a choice of bike manufactures to choose from. But aside from the different bike models, my general question to riders who have used these brands is how will they work under a 24hr race scenario and who has the better suspension technology: BMC's Virtual Pivot Technology or Felt's Equilink Technology?

Cheers!

dewey

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey
    I am fortunate to have a choice of bike manufactures to choose from. But aside from the different bike models, my general question to riders who have used these brands is how will they work under a 24hr race scenario and who has the better suspension technology: BMC's Virtual Pivot Technology or Felt's Equilink Technology?

Cheers!

dewey
    Felt design is original and should work very well endurance riding for the smooth rider. I look forward to demo riding one.

The BMC is an unlicenced copy of the early version dw-Link design. I'd rather ride the real thing, and the current dw-Link is even better.

The dw-Link works excellent for the smoother and harder riders. Consider the Ibis Mojo Carbon or Iron Horse MKiii or Azure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by derby
    Felt design is original and should work very well endurance riding for the smooth rider. I look forward to demo riding one.

The BMC is an unlicenced copy of the early version dw-Link design. I'd rather ride the real thing, and the current dw-Link is even better.

The dw-Link works excellent for the smoother and harder riders. Consider the Ibis Mojo Carbon or Iron Horse MKiii or Azure.
    So can I infer from your quote that you think the Felt would not work as well for a
    harder rider (Im assuming you mean someoone who mashes on the pedals).
    Are you saying that you would have more susp. squat with the equilink
    than with the dw-link for someone thats an irregular pedaler ?