Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask FELT

www.feltbicycles.com

Ask FELT

Have a tech question regarding your Felt? Not sure if a certain part will be compatible? Just have a general question about your bike or Felt?

Here's your chance to get answers from the source! Ask away!

bmh
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have a question about warranty work on my Felts. I bought a Virtue 3 last October and a Nine Sport this past April. My local Felt dealer in Louisville (Cycler's Cafe) closed shop. So if I do have an issue who do I contact since most manufacturer's prefer you to go through your dealer?

Also, I am thinking about upgrading the fork on the Nine Sport. I've been thinking of buying used so what length tube do I need to get?

www.feltbicycles.com
    Warranties do need to be processed through a Felt dealer, but don't need to be processed through YOUR Felt dealer. Any authorized dealer, from the same country as the purchase was made, can process any Felt warranty.

So, if you ever do have a warranty issue, simply take your bike, along with a copy of your receipt, to any authorized dealer to begin.

Steerer length will vary depending on the model year and frame size. A good rule of thumb is to measure the length of the stock fork's steerer tube and make sure the one you purchase is at least that long.

bmh
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wpcouch View Post
    Warranties do need to be processed through a Felt dealer, but don't need to be processed through YOUR Felt dealer. Any authorized dealer, from the same country as the purchase was made, can process any Felt warranty.

So, if you ever do have a warranty issue, simply take your bike, along with a copy of your receipt, to any authorized dealer to begin.
    So Lexington, Kentucky or Cincinnati, Ohio...yay 89.4 miles.

www.feltbicycles.com
    Yeah... not much I can do about that one. Sorry!

Just to be clear, general service can be performed by any LBS. Warranty requests need to be processed through an authorized dealer.

We are adding new dealers on a pretty continual basis, so keep an eye on our dealer locator.

OZX
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've downloaded the Virtue suspension manual but there's no explanation of swapping the shock mount top spacers.
    What are the pros and cons of moving the top mount forward and aft?

mtb enthusiast
    Purchased a lrg Nine Sport a little over 4 weeks ago from my lbs in Phoenix and checked in with them at week 2, post-order date. They were anticipating delivery within two weeks from that time but haven't heard from them. Is Felt backlogged on the 2012 Nine Sport right now? What are the current lead times? Thanks.
    Last edited by torreyaz; 11-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.

www.feltbicycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by OZX View Post
    I've downloaded the Virtue suspension manual but there's no explanation of swapping the shock mount top spacers.
    What model year Virtue to you have?

www.feltbicycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by torreyaz View Post
    Purchased a lrg Nine Sport a little over 4 weeks ago from my lbs in Phoenix and checked in with them at week 2, post-order date. They were anticipating delivery within two weeks from that time but haven't heard from them. Is Felt backlogged on the 2012 Nine Sport right now? What are the current lead times? Thanks.
    Please PM me the name of the shop you have been working with. I'll see what details I can find out for you.

mtb enthusiast
    Please PM me the name of the shop you have been working with. I'll see what details I can find out for you.
    Thank you. I pm'd you with the specifics.

OZX
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What model year Virtue to you have?
    It's a 2011 Virtue Sport

mtb enthusiast
    No need to pursue this. It finally showed up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Where to buy a Felt Mountain Bike in Northern Virginia?

All the bike dealers in northern virginia advertise Felt Bicycles, but, only carry the road bikes, they'd rather I buy the mountain bikes that they are stocking, (Spec, Giant, Trek, etc.), looking for a 2012 Felt Nine Sport 19.5", Thanks, Charles Williams

www.feltbicycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nforkbike View Post
    All the bike dealers in northern virginia advertise Felt Bicycles, but, only carry the road bikes, they'd rather I buy the mountain bikes that they are stocking, (Spec, Giant, Trek, etc.), looking for a 2012 Felt Nine Sport 19.5", Thanks, Charles Williams
    All of our dealers manage their own inventory. In most cases, orders for 2012 bikes have been placed, but certain dealers may not have taken delivery yet. It is possible that the dealers you have spoken to did not bring in many of our MTBs or are simply sold out at this time (it is a lighter time of the season)

Any dealer can place a special order for the bike of your choice, so feel free to ask about that at your LBS.

For your convenience, here is a link to the dealers in your area. There's quite a few!

N Virginia Dealers

mtb enthusiast
    Felt needs a head badge. The Felt Wings are a great logo and I feel they should be incorporated, at least, into their MTBs as a head badge.

www.feltbicycles.com
    Felt needs a head badge. The Felt Wings are a great logo and I feel they should be incorporated, at least, into their MTBs as a head badge.
    That's a great suggestion! I'll be sure to pass it on to our Creative Dept.

OZX
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've continued to search for an answer to this with no luck.
    Any links to a site / review / forum that discusses this feature?

www.feltbicycles.com
    I've continued to search for an answer to this with no luck.
    Any links to a site / review / forum that discusses this feature?
    Hi OZX, sorry for the delay in replying to you... I've been on jury duty!

Here's an answer, straight from our MTB product manager:

"Rear mount is 130mm travel and a more linear spring rate (feels plusher) forward mount is 120mm travel and more progressive (feels more xc racey and a snappier feel)"

Let me know if there is anything else you need help with!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    When will the Nine Team arrive in Canada?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have a 520 and want to update the front end. Anybody have suggestions for a 120mm front fork that would be good for single track stuff and jumping. I also want to go to a 2.3 or 2.4 in the front. Any thoughts?

Short-Change-Hero
    Any 29er goodness/newness coming for 2012? I want to see a 29er FS trail/xc bike (100mm to 120mm travel) that is snappy and fun!
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtb enthusiast
    Felt,

Please clean up the extra cable on the front of the Nine series. The attention to detail is terrific on the rest of the bike, but the cable 'overage' on the front looks like a rats nest. Yes, my wired bike computer is in there, but see past it and try to address the rest of it. It's apparent that you could cut down on the brake line lengths quite a bit.

Regards,

Proud 2011 Nine Sport owner.

www.feltbicycles.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Any 29er goodness/newness coming for 2012? I want to see a 29er FS trail/xc bike (100mm to 120mm travel) that is snappy and fun!
    There are some rumors out there...

www.feltbicycles.com
    Felt,

Please clean up the extra cable on the front of the Nine series. The attention to detail is terrific on the rest of the bike, but the cable 'overage' on the front looks like a rats nest. Yes, my wired bike computer is in there, but see past it and try to address the rest of it. It's apparent that you could cut down on the brake line lengths quite a bit.

Regards,

Proud 2011 Nine Sport owner.

Hi Torreyaz,

Thanks for the comments and for buying a FELT!

We (along with many other manufacturers) leave housing on the long side, as that gives you and your shop much more slack to work with when initially setting up the position on your bike. It is typically easier to cut housing/cables shorter, once you have finalized your position, than it is to buy and replace housing that is too short!

mtb enthusiast
    Hi Torreyaz,

Thanks for the comments and for buying a FELT!

We (along with many other manufacturers) leave housing on the long side, as that gives you and your shop much more slack to work with when initially setting up the position on your bike. It is typically easier to cut housing/cables shorter, once you have finalized your position, than it is to buy and replace housing that is too short!
    I understand the explanation but my lbs never even brought this up as something I could consider. I'm riding the default position, but should I expect a Felt dealer to offer this level of service as part of their contract with Felt? In other words, should your dealers customize the cabling upon purchase of a Felt, or at least offer the cable customization as an aftermarket expense?

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast