mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Anyone still running 24inch bars on virtue?

I've had my virtue 2 for a month now and am really enjoying it except for the 26 inch bar the shop put on at their discretion. I ordered a 25" carbon bar but it arrived as a 24" bar - most websites have the raceface next sl lo riser listed as 635mm when it is really 610mm, so I gotta decide to keep it or ship it back. I have 24" bar on my hardtail with 1.5" travel shock, but think I might need a wider bar with the revelation shock. I'm new to full suspension. Opinions?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I just test rode a Virtue with those 24" bars

and I couldn't really compare it with the other brands at the same Demo because of the dam bars! Get yourself down to a Performance today and pick up one of their carbon risers for $50. They're a little over 26" wide and I have them on three of my bikes. It will make a huge difference. Go on, get one!

edit: OK, I just reread your post. You have 26" bars instead of the 24" bars the Virtue came with and you don't like the 26" so you tried to order a 25" only it came as a 24". Now you're back to where the Virtue was that I rode. It had 24" and it would have been way better if it'd had 26". We've come full circle here. Just get used to the 26" that are on there, unless they weigh a ton like some aluminum risers do. In that case the Performance carbon riser I walked about is better.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the advice - I was asking because I spent $20 for expedited shipping and hated to lose it. I re-read the bike mag reviews and everyone hated the narrow bars, so I'll cut mine to 25 and see if I like it better before ordering another bar - they are the heavy fsa 280g bars. The 26 inch are really comfortable but scare me a bit thru the trees, but maybe i need more time with them. A lower rise will help too - I'll check the performance web site.

The Virtue is a different bike but I have grown to love it. It really takes a smooth spin you only get from road biking to make it shine.