mtbr member
    Oct 2008

!20mm fork on felt nine elite?

Is anybody running a longer travel fork on their nine elite? I love the bike, but would love to have just a bit more travel for the downhill, can it be done without screwing up the geometry?

mtbr member
    I run the standard 29'er Reba on my Nine Solo and have played around with the different travel options that you can get out of it.
    I have settled on 100mm, finding the extra comfort great, the steering has a much nicer feel to it. I find it far more responsive and intuitive rather than how at 80mm it felt a little to indirect if you know what I mean. The tendency for the steering to feel like it will "tuck under" now gone. It also offers slightly greater ground clearance for my 180mm cranks.

I can imagine a Maxle Reba would be fantastic, stiffening up the longer lenth fork. Moving to maxle forks on my 26" wheel bikes has been a great upgrade for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    That's exactly how it feels to me, so your running the reba sl that comes on the bike? I wasn't aware that you could adjust the travel, how do you go about doing that?
    thanks for the reply I was begining to think I was the only one with this problem

mtbr member

how to....

Take a look here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=s...&e=1655&enum=2

My bike is a 2008 with the old rebas with QR, not maxle.

The forks are essential the same inside.