Short-Change-Hero

2013 Felt Edict 29!!

Cat is out of the bag on Instagram and Facebook...
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Certifiably Crazy
    Looks sick! Wish I was rich!
    2011 Felt Z5
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    very sick looking. I am waiting to get my hands on a Felt Nine Trail when I get back into the USA. I wonder if they will make this available as a frameset or have an aluminum version.

DFMBA.org
    A couple more pics from Felt's website (blog). Man, what a great looking bike! AL version anytime soon?

Edit: BikeRadar first look: Sea Otter 2012: Felt Edict Nine 29er Unveiled - BikeRadar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Felt Edict 29!!-edict-29-ht.jpg  

2013 Felt Edict 29!!-edict-29.jpg  

Short-Change-Hero
    According to the bikeradar article there are supposed to be 5 different versions of it with the top 3 being carbon and the bottom being AL... It is going to be a toss up between something XC-ish for me or more All Mountain like the Titus El Guapo 29er...
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just rode an LTD version today at a demo. It is sick. One of the only 29ers I've ridden that feels more like a 26er. So light, nimble, quick, agile, etc. Overall very fun to ride and would be a speedy race machine as well. I highly recommend it if you have an extra 10 G's sitting around.

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJP View Post
    I just rode an LTD version today at a demo. It is sick. One of the only 29ers I've ridden that feels more like a 26er. So light, nimble, quick, agile, etc. Overall very fun to ride and would be a speedy race machine as well. I highly recommend it if you have an extra 10 G's sitting around.
    Noticed you're in FH. I'm in Cave Creek and would love to see one in person. Where is/was the demo? I'm also jealous as hell.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You should be jealous - this bike was awesome. I'm still thinking about it.

The demo was this morning at McDowell Mountain Park. It seemed to be unadvertised as evidenced by the fact that I arrived there with my own bike, noticed the demo, went over and there was a whole stack of Edict 9 LTD's available to ride with no waiting.

You might want to get in contact with a Felt Rep ASAP to see if they will be somewhere else in the valley tomorrow.
    Last edited by AZJP; 05-05-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Short-Change-Hero
    Ok so after this last weekends race I have a feeling there is going to be a place in my stable for a FS bike as my back did not take a liking to the techy/rocky downhill sections. Would love to get one of these but wondering if there will be an aluminum frameset close to that of the Anthem X 29er. Like the looks of the Edict 9 vs the Anthem X 29er.
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Ok so after this last weekends race I have a feeling there is going to be a place in my stable for a FS bike as my back did not take a liking to the techy/rocky downhill sections. Would love to get one of these but wondering if there will be an aluminum frameset close to that of the Anthem X 29er. Like the looks of the Edict 9 vs the Anthem X 29er.
    The BikeRadar article mentions AL versions. My guess is the geo wouldn't be all that diff from the carbon. The big question for the AL frame would be how Felt incorporates FAST rear suspension properties into an AL frame. FAST requires stay flex and I'm wondering how this will transition to AL. I know Felt's engineers are smarter than me and already have all this figured out.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Whow, what a great style...

Tso
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    expected release date?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    So felt ditched the multi link design with the superfluous Red bar???

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCMTB View Post
    FAST requires stay flex and I'm wondering how this will transition to AL. I know Felt's engineers are smarter than me and already have all this figured out.
    they put a pivot on the seatstay.

I rode the carbon LTD a few weeks ago, ripped up the climbs as you would expect. Really surprised me going downhill, stable and fun. There's a 25 min rocky descent I do that I often find a bit rough on 100mm 29er's, but the Felt really shredded. A good mix of stable, smooth and stiffness in the frame helped it be a really capable bike.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com