Thread: 2010 Virtue 2

mtbr member

2010 Virtue 2

This thing looks pretty good. What do you all think?

Brentster
    Jun 2007
    I'm afraid I'd have to concur.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i think this will be my next bike.

you gotta check this detail
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    SICK!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Answer me this:

1) Why is the rear derailleur cable mounted on TOP of the chainstay where it will undoubtedly be slapped silly by the chain? Is there no chainstay (and now cable) protector included? Even with a pad, the chain will still hit the cable housing to some extent. Will that mess anything up, who knows. But why not just mount it underneath like "normal"?

2) The frame-only price is sort of crazy to me. At $1999, you can buy the frame only, or for $2499 you can get the exact same frame as part of the COMPLETE Virtue 2! So for a difference of $500 you can build the ENTIRE bike?
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Actually, one more thing I noticed is the rear derailleur cable and rear disc hose are mounted to the top of the downtube, while the front derailleur cable is mounted undernexth the downtube. Who designed this thing? The cable routing could be better routed IMO; sweat will just drip into the rear derailleur from what I can see in these pics.

Ugh, this looks like such a cool bike, especially compared to last year's model. Hopefully the production version will fix some of these issues.
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus
    Answer me this:

1) Why is the rear derailleur cable mounted on TOP of the chainstay where it will undoubtedly be slapped silly by the chain? Is there no chainstay (and now cable) protector included? Even with a pad, the chain will still hit the cable housing to some extent. Will that mess anything up, who knows. But why not just mount it underneath like "normal"?

2) The frame-only price is sort of crazy to me. At $1999, you can buy the frame only, or for $2499 you can get the exact same frame as part of the COMPLETE Virtue 2! So for a difference of $500 you can build the ENTIRE bike?
    question #1 - I don't know.
    question #2 - It is not the same frame as the virtue 1. Only the carbon fiber rear triangle is the same. At least that is how i read all the material about the virtue series. The virtue 1 must have a different front triangle. i think the virtue 1 comes with the fox rp23 but that alone wouldn't make the frame that much more expensive than if it came with the monarch 2.1

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ahh good catch on the shock; didn't notice that. But I'm pretty sure the front triangle is the same between the two otherwise.

it's a spankin' frame , though. Would love to know the true/verified weight of this frame and shock so I could gauge a build up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    2009 virtue 2 was about 28lbs.
    according to the website, going to the carbon fiber rear triangle reduced the weight of the frame by 1lb. So the 2010 virtue 2 should way 27lb or less. maybe even in the 26lb range.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It may look shiny and nice, but this company has a shoddy reputation, as far as production
    quality for their full susp.bikes. Their not even offering the Redemption anymore.
    Look at the lower equilink thru bolt on the '10 frame picture. How long do you think that
    will hold up ? They may make quality road and BMX bikes, but their full suspension production so far has shown that they (1) either don't really know what theyre doing,
    or (2) dont really care. Any my .02. Paint job looks nice, tho

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by le_buzz
    It may look shiny and nice, but this company has a shoddy reputation, as far as production
    quality for their full susp.bikes. Their not even offering the Redemption anymore.
    Look at the lower equilink thru bolt on the '10 frame picture. How long do you think that
    will hold up ? They may make quality road and BMX bikes, but their full suspension production so far has shown that they (1) either don't really know what theyre doing,
    or (2) dont really care. Any my .02. Paint job looks nice, tho
    The Redemption is no longer available in the US but over here in Europe the 2009 Redemption was available and the 2010 bike will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanus
    Answer me this:

All the bikes I have seen come with a neoprene chainstay protector.

I am gueesing the run of outer cable routed on the upper of the chainstay helps make a smoother run into the shadow/SRAM rear mechs.

As this bike has a length of outer cable runing directly to the rear mech, if it was on the under side of the chainstay it would still be hit by the chain.
    Last edited by Grimtech; 10-19-2009 at 05:44 AM.

NedwannaB

I see.....

Quote Originally Posted by shinnster
    i think this will be my next bike.

you gotta check this detail
    ....650B potential.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....