Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 2202
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ecub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    456

    Some assembly required

    Waited 2 weeks for this thing....




    Finally, my chariot awaits.




    Weight: 32.07 lbs (15" stock bike without pedals)
    Weight w/pedals: 33.04 lbs (15" bike with Shimano XT PD-M785)
    Current weight: 33.13 lbs (15" bike, Shimano XT PD-M785 pedals, Nates 120TPI, & some dirt)
    Last edited by ecub; 12-16-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    - Ed

    2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
    2013 Specialized Tricross Comp Disc
    2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by atom29 View Post
    There's no way you that Big Fat Larry is gonna fit in a 9zero7 fork.
    Actually it does...have seen it in person and ridden it

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    73
    Looks sweet and the weight is excellent for a stock bike!

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    santa came a few days early (and yes, this is for the fat bike)....



    Many miles in utah to float and ride...

    g

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    106
    Finally all laced up...look awesome, sound great and very very happy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atom29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    318
    Post up BFL in the 9zero7 fork. What width rim we talking?

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    51

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Insainio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46
    I was debating on the pedals that I wanted to put on my Muk2. Finally decided to try the Wellgo WPD-996 pedals. Clipless on one side, platform on the other. The color even matches. Haven't used them much, so the jury is still out on how they will perform. Only cost me $50.00 too.


  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dann C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    183
    I got these for my new fat front Mariachi to match it. I'm going with an all green, black, orange with it.

    I don't really see myself using any other clip ins that aren't crank brothers

    "Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves." - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    389


  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: All Seasons Cyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    86

    Shimano Alfine 8

    I just got my Pugs last week I made a lot of modifications, but the best was the Shimano Alfine SG-S501 8-Speed Internal Hub. A complete list of the modifications can be seen at:

    Surly Necromancer Pugsley (Black Ops Pug) All Seasons Cyclist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-shimano-alfine-8.jpg  


  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,280
    I built this up for my kid for Christmas. He got it early because he won't be home from Norway for long. I tried to chase him around the snowy flowy singletrack yesterday. That was very fun even though I couldn't keep up!
    As it sits the bike is right at 30#. It will gain a bit when I get the 80 mm wheels built up.
    He didn't seem to be at a disadvantage riding on hard pack with the 44mm rims versus my 80's. It is a more stable ride than my old FatBack. I'm looking forward to doing some real comparison rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-p1010947-1-.jpg  

    Latitude 61

  13. #113
    inlikeflynt1956
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15

    Here are my Latest Purchases

    1. OMM Cold Springs Racks F&R.
    Worked with John at OMM getting the mounting down for Pugs' non-canti boss fork.
    I had to do some noodling for the mounting, but made no modifications to the rack itself i.e. cutting (yikes).
    They look great, and the integrity speaks volumes.
    Now, just need some Arkel panniers for the rear. . .

    2. Paul Thumbies with D/A 9 speed levers.
    Got these for simplicity, elegance and most importantly RELIABILITY.
    Love the friction backup just in case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-paul-l.jpg  

    Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-paul-r.jpg  

    Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-pug-old-man.jpg  


  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Insainio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by inlikeflynt1956 View Post
    1. OMM Cold Springs Racks F&R.
    Worked with John at OMM getting the mounting down for Pugs' non-canti boss fork.
    I had to do some noodling for the mounting, but made no modifications to the rack itself i.e. cutting (yikes).
    They look great, and the integrity speaks volumes.
    Now, just need some Arkel panniers for the rear. . .

    2. Paul Thumbies with D/A 9 speed levers.
    Got these for simplicity, elegance and most importantly RELIABILITY.
    Love the friction backup just in case.
    Sweet, I love my Paul Thumbies. I would recommend taking the barrel adjusters out. Those things have a tendency to loosen up and they aren't necessary with the set up.

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Toni Lund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    120


    "Cycling is not the whole life, it's much more."
    www.tonilund.fi - Facebook - Twitter - Google+

  16. #116
    will rant for food
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,826
    Toni Lund, what kinda studs are those? I managed to get 1,000 Tikka studs for $114 (plus an extra $50 international transfer charge from my bank).
    Latitude: 44.93 N

  17. #117
    R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Reputation: Rabies010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,859

    Anchors away.

    Tonight i picked up a Hope mono m4 and a Hope mono 6ti.
    I couldn't resist grabbing the set for under 300$.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-23122011662.jpg  


  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spovegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    257
    Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-img_0102.jpg

  19. #119
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: mtbxplorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,395
    ^^Spovegas, if you have not tried out that Smartgauge yet, do so soon. Mine arrived before the fatbike and I found out too late that it was a dud (powered up but wouldn't read pressures). Topeak is warrantying it, but it's backordered until end of January.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: spovegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    ^^Spovegas, if you have not tried out that Smartgauge yet, do so soon. Mine arrived before the fatbike and I found out too late that it was a dud (powered up but wouldn't read pressures). Topeak is warrantying it, but it's backordered until end of January.
    I've used mine numerous times and it seems to be working fine. Bummer that yours is a lemon. Hope they get it replaced for you soon.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by All Seasons Cyclist View Post
    I just got my Pugs last week I made a lot of modifications, but the best was the Shimano Alfine SG-S501 8-Speed Internal Hub. A complete list of the modifications can be seen at:

    Surly Necromancer Pugsley (Black Ops Pug) All Seasons Cyclist
    I want your bike.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ecub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by spovegas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    ^^Spovegas, if you have not tried out that Smartgauge yet, do so soon. Mine arrived before the fatbike and I found out too late that it was a dud (powered up but wouldn't read pressures). Topeak is warrantying it, but it's backordered until end of January.

    I've used mine numerous times and it seems to be working fine. Bummer that yours is a lemon. Hope they get it replaced for you soon.
    I have 2 of the same guage. I have not tried to use them on my fat bike with the low pressure, but know they work with my other 2 bikes.
    - Ed

    2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
    2013 Specialized Tricross Comp Disc
    2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2

  23. #123
    inlikeflynt1956
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Insainio View Post
    Sweet, I love my Paul Thumbies. I would recommend taking the barrel adjusters out. Those things have a tendency to loosen up and they aren't necessary with the set up.
    You're right these are sweet.

    Needed (wanted) the in-line barrel adjuster for the right lever since the newer XT rear derailleurs have no barrel adjusters on them.
    Honestly, I don't know why Shimano eliminated it.

    Probably don't need it for the front as they have a tendency to be less problematic, but I'll keep it just for symmetry.

    I considered mounting my old bulletproof Suntour XC Pro thumbies circa 1990, with my old XTR 950 RD and XTR 8sp cassette, and I still may.

    We'll see how it goes.


    Peace

  24. #124
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,840
    Barrel adjusters on the rear derailluer are unnecessary and fragile. If you have a barrel adjuster on the shifter, that will be more than enough to adjust out any cable stretch that occurs between adjustments.

  25. #125
    Geordie biker
    Reputation: saltyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,376
    few bits for my upcoming moonlander......

    2014 cannondale badboy 9
    2014 salsa beargrease
    2014 milage so far - 2,095
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5783
    Last Post: 2 Hours Ago, 08:15 AM
  2. My latest purchase
    By X6_Rider in forum Giant
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
  3. latest purchase from PP
    By louisssss in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
  4. My latest compulsive, silly, ill advised purchase
    By scooderdude in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM
  5. My latest purchase
    By smw in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •