Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    RaceFace Turbine Cranks 100mm
    Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353018857.075257.jpg
    Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353018872.328258.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Finally I got my 9zero7, now I'm building it little by little (since I'm taking care of our new baby)

Only special detail so far the chainstay protector.
    Last edited by patineto; 11-15-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Fat & Single
    Looking good DJ.... some XT hydros would finish the bars off nicely, also has a side effect of dropping a decent weight of the BB7's.

Only 2 tyres.... not even a sneek peek
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Bad cat!
    RaceFace Turbine Cranks 100mm
    I have those on the way, thanks for the preview!

Laramie, Wyoming
    While riding last Sunday, the temperature went from 30 to 6 with winds over 40. My bottles in fifteen minutes were frozen. I stopped, melted some snow, made some hot chocolate, and thawed my bottles in some water but I don't want that happening again. I got online and ordered some anything cages and Outdoor Research Bottle Parkas in a couple different sizes.
    A road bike buddy commented, "You got out your stove?" "Yep, I carry a Jet Boil, just for instances like this."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    While riding last Sunday, the temperature went from 30 to 6 with winds over 40. My bottles in fifteen minutes were frozen. I stopped, melted some snow, made some hot chocolate, and thawed my bottles in some water but I don't want that happening again. I got online and ordered some anything cages and Outdoor Research Bottle Parkas in a couple different sizes.
    A road bike buddy commented, "You got out your stove?" "Yep, I carry a Jet Boil, just for instances like this."

We need a new thread for EXTREME FAT BIKING!

mtbr member
    RaceFace Turbine 100mm Cranks.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_ben View Post
    I have those on the way, thanks for the preview!
    QBP was out of stock in a few days. Hope you were 1 of the lucky folks that got a pair. Word has it the (red) cranks will be available soon. First come first serve with anything fat bike before it goes out of stock! These cranks are not the regular Turbines with a 100mm spindle. The Fat cranks only became available last week. RaceFace moved the chain line out so these are true fat cranks. Some frames are not compatible with these cranks. Running mine with a Bash/32/22 set up.
    Cheers
    Last edited by woody_8_5; 11-16-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Harrumph
    I used the "new" 2x10 Turbines all summer on the Race 29er, a nice product for the price. That said they are not nearly as awesome as the OG Turbines.

I can't tell are they the 3xX or 2xX version? It looks like the 3 chainring version, but the 2 ring would be pretty sweet if that's what was used.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Salsa Beargrease

Here is mine being assembled at the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Laramie, Wyoming
    UPS stopped again today. New Dogwood Poggies. (Wow, these are going to be the ticket for those days under 30 degrees.) New Revelate frame bag. Set up front tire as tubeless. (A test before doing the rear tire.)

Last edited by alphazz; 11-19-2012 at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    UPS stopped again today. New Dogwood Poggies. (Wow, these are going to be the ticket for those days under 30 degrees.) New Revelate frame bag. Set up front tire as tubeless. (A test before doing the rear tire.)

Nice photo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

... and if we just ... Big Fat Friend

Let me introduce you to my BFF...just waiting for some XT ice tech brakes,XO twisters, Problem Solvers front derailleur direct mount adapter,cables and some snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-img954896.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by railntrail View Post
    Let me introduce you to my BFF...just waiting for some XT ice tech brakes,XO twisters, Problem Solvers front derailleur direct mount adapter,cables and some snow.
    Nice Carver!
    Last edited by Fat Bob; 11-17-2012 at 12:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Carver yes indeed...

Good eye Bob ! the bead blasted logo is subtle... someone was asking for more detail so, here we go - no it's not a full fat Jones it's a Carver Chubby. Carver did have a custom frame
    on their website similar to a space frame, I asked if it could be made as a Fat Bike and my wish was granted.Yes it was made in China. I was sent a schematic prior to the build and was able to change the geometry to my liking with Carver's help and input. The welds are quite nice. I was told that this would be the only one made by Carver as Jeff has asked him not to produce anymore...

bike weenie
    First fatbike purchase... Muk3 frame, upgraded tires, drivetrain, cranks, bars, post, seat. Ridden twice so far, love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-dsc00478.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm new to this site, and have been stalking all the fat bike posts. I just ordered a surly neck romancer and it's coming as a complete in a box. No surly dealer anywhere near me. Wondering if any of you guys could tell me if the assemble is within the realm of a rookie bike mechanic. I don't have a clue how many pieces the thing is going to be in. I'm looking forward to it, but don't know if I need to be making a call to the LBS for an assembly quote. Also, I'm going to have a brand new never ridden 2013 redline monobelt for sale if you know any one interested. My wife got me the redline as a birthday present, but I wanted a fatbike. The monobelt is sweet with the reba, hydros, and new center track system, but I couldn't help myself. I figured I could peddle the monobelt to fund most of my new fatbike. I'll post a pic when I get the new pugsley (after it's assembled).

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hrh00b View Post
    I'm new to this site, and have been stalking all the fat bike posts. I just ordered a surly neck romancer and it's coming as a complete in a box. No surly dealer anywhere near me. Wondering if any of you guys could tell me if the assemble is within the realm of a rookie bike mechanic. I don't have a clue how many pieces the thing is going to be in. I'm looking forward to it, but don't know if I need to be making a call to the LBS for an assembly quote. Also, I'm going to have a brand new never ridden 2013 redline monobelt for sale if you know any one interested. My wife got me the redline as a birthday present, but I wanted a fatbike. The monobelt is sweet with the reba, hydros, and new center track system, but I couldn't help myself. I figured I could peddle the monobelt to fund most of my new fatbike. I'll post a pic when I get the new pugsley (after it's assembled).
    Assuming it is as it comes from Surly, it will need the steerer tube cut for the fork, and then the brakes and derailleurs will need to be trimmed properly (both cables as well as the "trim" of the shifting). If these are something you are comfortable doing, then you will be all set.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll probably get it all assemble then maybe take it to the bike shop for the trimming. I need to get some stuff anyways up there(pedals, a new helmet, etc), so maybe they'll hook me up on the fine tuning.

mtbr member
    I picked up an extra tube and a chain-stay protector. If I could get rid of this damn sinus infection I could actually ride the thing again!
    2015 Specialized Fatboy Comp (On order)
    2014 Trek Fuel EX8
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 3
    http://tincup69.blogspot.com/

29 TO LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by railntrail View Post
    Good eye Bob ! the bead blasted logo is subtle... someone was asking for more detail so, here we go - no it's not a full fat Jones it's a Carver Chubby. Carver did have a custom frame
    on their website similar to a space frame, I asked if it could be made as a Fat Bike and my wish was granted.Yes it was made in China. I was sent a schematic prior to the build and was able to change the geometry to my liking with Carver's help and input. The welds are quite nice. I was told that this would be the only one made by Carver as Jeff has asked him not to produce anymore...
    Did Blacksheep get asked to stop making their bikes? What a load of crap. Jeff did not invent the design. He shouldn't ask anyone to stop using a frame design the he copied himself. I think carver should put it into production.

Bad cat!
    RF turbine--my super cool LBS owner ordered them direct from RaceFace, 1x with bash.

And just put it all together, sorry for the boring garage shot...31.6 lbs as pictured...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-img_1234.jpg  

Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-img_1235.jpg  

Dinner for wolves
    That 907 is strictly the biz.
    Responds to gravity

Bad cat!
    Thanks Buddhak! Won't be able to find out how much biz is in it until after Thanksgiving unfortunately...

mtbr member

Is this an adaptor?

[QUOTE=All Seasons Cyclist;8835771]I just got my Pugs last week I made a lot of modifications, but the best was the Shimano Alfine SG-S501 8-Speed Internal Hub. A complete list of the modifications can be seen at:

Are you putting this 135mm hub in a 170mm frame? I'm trying to find a solution for this. Not sure how it would work if so giving that the hub is a bolt on. Unless that end is threaded. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Wil

mtbr member
    Tuff Rack for the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Latest Fatbike Related Purchase (pics required!)-imag0183.jpg  

Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast