mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Your Fav Fat Shop in Denver??

I demo'd a Moonlander and a Krampus a couple of months ago with at Salvagetti Surly demo (which was a blast!), but haven't talked to any other shops in the Denver metro area about fat bikes. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go full fat, or look at a Krampus - and if I go Krampi, not sure if I will wait for the complete bike build or go custom (pretty interested in 2x9 or 2x10, rather than the stock complete, which looks like it will be a 1x10). If you live in the metro area, what's your favorite fat shop?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I wanted to add that the Salvagetti guys were awesome: I'm going to visit them for sure, just looking for alternative advice.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I have no advice since I don't really go to the lbs anymore unless I need a tube quick. I haven't been to Salvaghetti since they moved but my experience in the past with them has always been good. Top notch guys. I take Speer to 38th home at least twice a week and always just stare at the Beargrease they have in the window while I wait for the light to turn green. Too bad they're always closed by the time I get there.

mtbr member
    I bought my Necromancer at Salvagetti and enjoyed the experience. They certainly have a nice variety of bikes at any given time. I totally appreciate Scott's promotions and spunkiness. He is planning what sounds to be a mighty fun event for one of the evenings during NAHBS.

I also have purchased a custom Necromancer build for my wife at Golden Bike shop. Although their technical expertise may be second to none, my buying experience was not quite what I thought it should have been. Nonetheless, check them out. Lots of eye candy in their store as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I bought my 9:zero:7 from Andy at Pedal in Littleton. Great experience, very helpful and Andy was very patient with all my questions and changes. Love my FAT.

NMBP
    I'll also recommend Andy at Pedal. He put together a Moonlander in the size I needed and shipped it to me.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Home of the Gravedigger
    Andy at Pedal of Littleton has tons of fat options. I love the 907's. I tested a belt drive Nu Vinci hub 907 there. I have never seen a shop stock so many fart parts, tires, rims, etc. Another option is Adam at Alpha. Last time I was there they had a bunch of Mukluks and Beargreases.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for all of the replies, guys. Pedal looks like an interesting option: I didn't even know they were there, and they are really close to a buddy of mines' house. From what I've seen, Golden, Pedal and Salvagetti seem to be the most active fat shops in the Denver metro area -- although some of the mountain towns (Aspen, Carbondale?) seen to be sporting some nice local shops, too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Alpha Cycles in Centennial is a big Salsa shop. They have been great to work with on Fat and non-Fat stuff.