mtbr member
    Dec 2011

yakima two timer?

Anyone use this? I'm looking for a hitch rack for my Wednesday and compared to Rocky/Thule/Saris/oneup/yakima and it seems the most cost effective option (that tilts down, I don't want to have to take it off all the time to open my trunk). What you guys think? And yes, I know there is the car and biker form, but I want specific feed back based on fat bike use and I trust you guys more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have the Saris 2 bike hitch rack. It doesn't tilt up or down. With bikes on it I'm not sure I'd want to tilt down. Without bikes I can open the hatch on both a Mazda 3 (hatchback) or a Chevy Traverse. I do wish it folded up when I leave it on, however the rack goes on and off so easy its not much of an issue. Then I would most likely need to fold it back down to open the hatch. So non-folding maybe is OK?

The biggest issue is the included cable for locking bikes isn't long enough for our fatbikes at least when I want to go through the frame. The cable/lock comes up about an inch or 2 short. So leaving the bikes on isn't an option unless I use a different locking device.