mtbr member

Will SKS Grand D.A.D. front fender fit with Salsa Minimalist rack on Mukluk 2?

I have the SKS Grand D.A.D. front fender on my Mukluk 2. I ordered and I'm waiting on my Salsa Minimalist front rack. Looking over my bike, I'm not sure if the Minimalist rack will fit the Grand D.A.D.

So will I they both mount with no issues or are there any other options for a rack? I have the SKS Grand M.O.M. rear fender with a Bontrager Rear rack with no issues.
    Last edited by ecub; 01-19-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    - Ed

2012 Trek Madone 6.7 SSL
    2013 Specialized Tricross Comp Disc
    2011 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL
    2012 Salsa Mukluk 2

rth009
    May 2010
    How do the Grand Dad and Mom function on your Muk2? Do they keep you dry riding in rain?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    I have the SKS Grand D.A.D. front fender on my Mukluk 2. I ordered and I'm waiting on my Salsa Minimalist front rack. Looking over my bike, I'm not sure if the Minimalist rack will fit the Grand D.A.D.

So will I they both mount with no issues or are there any other options for a rack? I have the SKS Grand M.O.M. rear fender with a Bontrager Rear rack with no issues.
    I don't have the rack but I've seen one up close and I have the DAD on my 9:ZERO:7. I don't think it'll fit. However, you could use the rear part of the DAD and fix something to the underside of the rack to act as a mudguard.

Coverage from the DAD/MOM is pretty good on RDs and Husker Dus. The only issue I've had is that the MOM tends to go loose and slide around. I've partially cured this by putting a screw through the adjusting side clip and strap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by druidh View Post
    I don't have the rack but I've seen one up close and I have the DAD on my 9:ZERO:7. I don't think it'll fit. However, you could use the rear part of the DAD and fix something to the underside of the rack to act as a mudguard.

Coverage from the DAD/MOM is pretty good on RDs and Husker Dus. The only issue I've had is that the MOM tends to go loose and slide around. I've partially cured this by putting a screw through the adjusting side clip and strap.
    I put a strip of friction tape (like what you put on the top of a skateboard or stair tread) under the MOM strap and it keeps the fender from rotating. The tape also works great on my handlebars where I mount my light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AleRider View Post
    I put a strip of friction tape (like what you put on the top of a skateboard or stair tread) under the MOM strap and it keeps the fender from rotating. The tape also works great on my handlebars where I mount my light.
    And lowering the seatpost?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by druidh View Post
    And lowering the seatpost?
    Not an issue as it's mounted on the seat tube, just below the clamp, on my Necromancer Pug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2011

Installation problems with SKS Grand Dads on Salsa Mukluk

Grand Mom is a no brainer, but none of the provided "barrel" parts that supposedly "slide" into the crown actually fit. Any ideas here! I'm really frustrated. I get how the fender attaches to the crown bolt, but I can't even get that far.

mtbr member