Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Will It Float?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15

    Will It Float?

    Not that I'm planning to tow mine behind a kayak. Yet.

    But with about 30 litres of air in the tyres, I'm thinking yes.

    Whadd'yall reckon?

    Bill P

  2. #2
    Fatback
    Reputation: thirstywork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill P
    Not that I'm planning to tow mine behind a kayak. Yet.

    But with about 30 litres of air in the tyres, I'm thinking yes.

    Whadd'yall reckon?

    Bill P
    Yes, they will float. Bearbait has a picture somewhere of him or a friends Pugs floating after falling off an Alpaca raft.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

  3. #3
    a lazy pedaler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,761
    coastkid recorded it
    too lazy to look for it right now

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks, I think this is it. http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/fatbike-films-thread-533272-2.html#post5855780

    Opens up the adventure posiibilities a bit. Ha Ha!

    Bill P

  5. #5
    Caveman
    Reputation: Bearbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,002
    you bet. Slightly loaded even. Proven by mishap.

    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIdWkGeAg9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIdWkGeAg9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coastkid71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,105


    hailes castle 015 by coastkid71, on Flickr


    hailes castle 004 by coastkid71, on Flickr

    <object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9hVeI5s75lU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9hVeI5s75lU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    you bet. Slightly loaded even. Proven by mishap.

    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIdWkGeAg9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIdWkGeAg9k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

    How much weed did ya'll have along?

  8. #8
    Caveman
    Reputation: Bearbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,002
    uh none
    Last edited by Bearbait; 01-04-2011 at 07:39 PM.

  9. #9
    It aint gonna ride itself
    Reputation: MauricioB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    How much weed did ya'll have along?
    I'd bet that adventures like this are trip enough without the aid of psychoactive substances.

  10. #10
    hopeless moron
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,958
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    How much weed did ya'll have along?
    That’s what I was wondering. Seems some people in life were born stoned.
    one by nine works just fine but single speed is all ya need
    BTW, it’s called “sarcasm”; you’re soaking in it!

  11. #11
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by MauricioB
    I'd bet that adventures like this are trip enough without the aid of psychoactive substances.

    I've ridden past folks sitting under junipers firing bowls during certain now-underground enduros, only to have them fly past me later, never to be seen again. I don't understand it, but it is a fact.

    I did not intend to defame E and D, let it be noted.

    Let is also be noted that the ADN gave top trip-of-the-year billing to the repeat of that route.

    Madness? Or brilliance?

    As Jack said, "Its remarkable how often those two coincide."

  12. #12
    Caveman
    Reputation: Bearbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,002
    Dylan is quite the opposite actually.

    But anyway, yes they float, even Pugsley's with undrilled rims which are ohhh soooooo heavy

  13. #13
    hopeless moron
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,958
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    I've ridden past folks sitting under junipers firing bowls during certain now-underground enduros, only to have them fly past me later, never to be seen again. I don't understand it, but it is a fact.
    The name Tinker Juarez suddenly came to mind.
    one by nine works just fine but single speed is all ya need
    BTW, it’s called “sarcasm”; you’re soaking in it!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    OK. So I'll tape up the frame breather holes and maybe fit a stainless steel chain.

    Anything else before going swimming?

    Bill P..
    Last edited by Bill P; 01-11-2011 at 12:59 PM.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,738
    There may be some shrinkage...........you may only exit the water with a 1x1.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.