Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder

I have been planning this for a while and my lbs had a steal of a deal on a necro that would fit my wife. I borrowed a buddy's necro this winter to see if she would like it and she loved it. I wanted to girl up the bike a bit for her so I had it powdered mettalic granny smith green. Here are some pics of the frame and some of our first real ride together.

Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4143678_aefjmuwz57_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4143684_adglns0267_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4143685_afoqst1378_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4143686_joqrsuwy45_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4143682_acfjlmux03_m.jpgWifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151155_ghjmoqsx35_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151175_chijnowxy9_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151166_acefgps259_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151186_eiltvwxz03_m.jpgWifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151254_bfgkltwyz7_m.jpgWifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151260_acfgmnoru9_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153544_fghilnoqy5_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153543_blnostyz78_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153540_ajkxy01259_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153559_hklortu679_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153556_adhnouwx26_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4151182_cgjkmpw345_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153528_dgmpqxy014_m.jpg
    Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder-4153545_ekqstuz056_m.jpg
    Last edited by flatlandersk; 05-13-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Laramie, Wyoming
    Beautiful. Good Job.

Re: Wifey got a fattie for Mother's Day - Custom powder

Love that green. Great job on the build!

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    I'll admit I was expecting you to be considerably younger after I saw the leopard print.

Kidding!

Gotta love it when the missus is willing to do something odd partially in order to spend more time with her hubs. Looks like a fun day, and yeah that is one cool mother's day gift. Cheers.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

nice bike she looks happy enough been trying to get my wife into fat biking she would love the scenery i give her another try ,nice bike btw

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    spectacular!!

Fat & Single
    Nice work ! Colour looks awesome.... time to strip yours down for a fresh coat ?
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Nice work ! Colour looks awesome.... time to strip yours down for a fresh coat ?
    Yes, as soon as I picked the frame up from the powder coaters I regretted no doing mine back when I built it up! After a couple seasons I may have mine done.

Thanks for all the other comments eveyone. For all of you that are thinking of trying your wife out on fat biking you should! My wife always enjoyed road riding but hated mountain biking. Well, that's not true, she liked the exercise but hated the bumps bruises and scrapes. With fat biking she feels like she can roll over stuff that would have scared her in the past.

mtbr member
    Nice work - green Pugs are the best...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    And matching shoelaces ta boot !

mtbr member

Nice

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Nice work - green Pugs are the best...
    haha - yeah thanks for the tips on powder coating!

Saw
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The symmetry of the leopard and zebra bits on your respective bikes is cool. Enjoyed the pics of the pooch, as well. What a character.

mtbr member
    Good job!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Saw View Post
    The symmetry of the leopard and zebra bits on your respective bikes is cool. Enjoyed the pics of the pooch, as well. What a character.
    Thanks! We love our Ruby dog.

mtbr member
    Nice bikes! My gf wants a fatbike now and I may slap something together on the cheap. Green with purple bits is a must (Ahem, Donatello!)

That leads me to my question: What are the purple grips you've got there?
    http://twofattires.com - Fat Bike community, forums and resource.

mtbr member
    Yeah... my wife rode mine and is now convinced that I need to build her one. Which I am more than willing to do by the way.

Laramie, Wyoming
    Don't get me wrong, I think this was a great gift, but having been a husband for a bunch of years, there has to be some hierarchy of special days. flatlandersk, how do you keep up with that kind of a gift for the more important gift days like birthdays, Christmas, and anniversaries?

Seems like Mother's Day is best left for flowers, a card, and maybe a brunch.

I mean, here's the deal. Women talk. Our wives don't know each other but, your wife tells her friend, who tells a friend, who posts it on facebook, who has a "mutual friend", and then my wife thinks she needs flowers, a card, brunch, a weekend away in a fancy hotel, AND a fancy new bike.

You see how this can escalate? All because one guy decides to go overboard and do something extremely special and incredible. All of a sudden, it isn't the flower and card places getting rich on Mother's Day, it's the new Specialty Greeting Bike Store with custom parts and paint.

Levi Early
    that is awesome! The color combo turned out great. The beargrease frame I ordered for my girlfriend shows up on Monday. She requested that it have lots of purple on her next bike.....lol

that smile on your wifes face shows you made a great choice!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think this was a great gift, but having been a husband for a bunch of years, there has to be some hierarchy of special days. flatlandersk, how do you keep up with that kind of a gift for the more important gift days like birthdays, Christmas, and anniversaries?

I mean, here's the deal. Women talk. Our wives don't know each other but, your wife tells her friend, who tells a friend, who posts it on facebook, who has a "mutual friend", and then my wife thinks she needs flowers, a card, brunch, a weekend away in a fancy hotel, AND a fancy new bike.

You see how this can escalate? All because one guy decides to go overboard and do something extremely special and incredible. All of a sudden, it isn't the flower and card places getting rich on Mother's Day, it's the new Specialty Greeting Bike Store with custom parts and paint.
    The solution is easy - don't do anything else ever... no flowers, no jewelry. JK. I think most ladies would see this gift like Fred Flinstone buying Wilma a bowling ball for her birthday! It's a gift, but more for you than her!

I'm actually really lucky when it comes to the other special days and her expectations. Sure I do the anniversary thing, but most other things like xmas, birthdays etc we decide to do something instead of buy gifts. We've become more about experiences now. We will go do something cool to celebrate instead.

But yeah , I get what you are saying - even if you are partially (or mostly) joking.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mochunk View Post
    Nice bikes! My gf wants a fatbike now and I may slap something together on the cheap. Green with purple bits is a must (Ahem, Donatello!)

That leads me to my question: What are the purple grips you've got there?
    Turtles forever homie - But i am more of a Leonardo/Raphael guy myself. The new comics IDW is putting out are actually great. Secret origins of the footclan is a great experience - ok enough of my closet comic book/scifi nerdery.

Grips are Cannondale Grind lock ons. Randomly found them on ebay. Also have purple Diety compound pedals. I may be going in a more zebra like direction, adding more white and taking away the purple. If I powder my necro in the future, it may be a metallic or candy purple. My buddy just got the new purple egplant troll and I love it.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi707 View Post
    that is awesome! The color combo turned out great. The beargrease frame I ordered for my girlfriend shows up on Monday. She requested that it have lots of purple on her next bike.....lol

that smile on your wifes face shows you made a great choice!
    I tease her she has a "little girl" smile every time she jumps on that bike. She also giggles everytime she rides over a big log or rock.

Saw
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Yeah, flatlandersk! You're screwing things up for the rest of us!

Now, a "Specialty Greeting Bike Store", with custom parts and paint, no less. alphazz, you might be on to something here.

Laramie, Wyoming
    flatlandersk, yeah, I'm mostly joking but it does have me thinking about our anniversary that's coming up this summer.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    flatlandersk, yeah, I'm mostly joking but it does have me thinking about our anniversary that's coming up this summer.
    ... got you thinking she needs a new bike?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast