mtbr member

What type high direct mount derailleur for 2x10?

Can someone please post pics of their fatties using a high direct mount derailleur and 2 x 10 drivetrain.

Is the 2 x 10 version better than the 3 x 10 in this application? I want to run the derailleur as low as possible without causing shifting issues.

32-22t rings on a MY12 9zero7.

Fatback
    Get the 3X DM derailleur and block out the big ring. 2X front derailleurs are made to run with different spacing between the rings, and also have a shorter cage for the larger small rings 2X systems have.
    Shimano's DM derailleur works fine, as well as Sram S1.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    Appreciate the advice, but a few questions linger.

1. What is the difference in spacing between 10s triple and 10s double?
    2. Wouldn't a double FD work the same if mounted lower? In other words, If normal 2x rings are 38/26t and work fine with a duallie, then wouldn't 32/22t work just as well if the height was adjusted for the smaller rings?
    3. Still need pics - best would be someone using PS Direct Mount clamp and a dual-ring set-up.

How low can I go

I will be using a friction thumb-shifter, so detents for cable pull and throw are not an issue.
    Last edited by canardian; 02-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It will work- I had a PS adapter on my Pugs, running a SRAM X7 10 speed direct mount with 26/36 chain rings on the stock TruVativ crank. There is enough flexibility with the PS adapter to raise/lower the deraillier plus rotate it slightly to get the best chain pick up. I also ran the stock Shimano SLX e-type with the same rings/crank and it also worked, but my disdain for all things Shimano compelled me to switch it out. I am now running 1x10, so no pictures.

Dr Gadget is IN
    Ok, so I didn't even realize there were different direct mount standards out there til I read this thread - and then I find this by accident:

http://www.qbp.com/diagrams/TechInfo/dmt.pdf
    Fatbikes are much more fun than they should be allowed to be!

WSS/OSS: open source sealant