Home of the Gravedigger

Waltworks Fat Fork

In a couple weeks my Pugs will be rolling with a new Waltworks Fat fork. I had Walt make it with tapered straight blades and will have the standard 17.5mm pug offset. It will also have some custom rack mounts on it to work perfectly with the Salsa Minimalist rack. Walt added a little more offset to the crown to slow down the steering in the snow too. No pics yet but I will post them as soon as the fork gets in. If anyone is in the market for a custom fork, I can't say enough good things about working with Walt. He asks lots of detailed questions and builds a fork that matches your bikes geo, your weight, and riding style.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've been wondering if Walt has ever made a fat bike. I've never seen one on mtbr. Gotta be at least one out there, right?

Home of the Gravedigger
    There is a sweet orange WW fatbike on this forum somewhere. If I remember right it was a 135 symetrical rear. I could be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that he used to make the steel forks for Fatback.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaber View Post
    There is a sweet orange WW fatbike on this forum somewhere. If I remember right it was a 135 symetrical rear. I could be wrong, but I think I remember hearing that he used to make the steel forks for Fatback.
    Cool. I'll look forward to seeing pics of your Pugs. I haven't looked at Walt's site, but did you have to get in line to wait on your fork, or does he handle forks separate from the bike wait list?

Home of the Gravedigger
    I placed the order a couple weeks ago and it's already on its way to paint!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaber View Post
    ... Walt added a little more offset to the crown to slow down the steering in the snow too....
    Do you have a figure for this?
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

Home of the Gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Do you have a figure for this?
    I believe it is a 447 axle to crown and 38mm rake and will have 125mm of tire clearance.

mtbr member
    Here's a blog entry of a WW Fatty - Ready for Winter

looks pretty sweet

Home of the Gravedigger
    Here is my fork so far...just waiting for powder coat. The cool thing about straight blade is you don't notice the goofy offset!

Photobucket