workin' it Administrator
    Try this: HTFU

CAMBA Creature.
    Interesting...
    It says...
    "ĽNOTE: The bead hook on the Fat Sheba rim has proven incompatible with all Surly tires through extensive testing. Surly tires may roll off the rim in the low pressure range. Use of Surly tires is not recommended and voids Surly tire warranty."

Never heard that before. And my Mukluk came with GFS's and Surly tires.
    I'm about to put some Husker Du's on the GFS's, hope there's no problem.
    eSpeCially CrAzy IrRegular TrailBuildin' Crew
    Chequama Mama

MTB: Mukluk/Moonlander/Super V-1.

is buachail foighneach me
    The inner rim profile of GFS rims is a poor design. Takes waay more attention to properly seat a tire on the rim than any other rim I've done it on.

mtbr member
    Those GFS rims look identical to the DHL rims I'm using.

I haven't had any problems in use. I am fussy about bedding tyres in properly though.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57║36' Highlands, Scotland

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    I have been using GFS for three or four years now with no problems at all. Larrys ,endos and now Husker dus

Nemophilist
    Hey;

I have never seen it spelled out that clearly either, but it was my gut feeling from what I was seeing that this was why the GFS went away.

I have been running 120tpi HuDus on mine for the better part of 6 months. I would assume the suppler tire would be the perfect case for the bead to pop off. I was a bit nervous when I first mounted my tires, as it did not seem to be the greatest of positive interfaces between the virtually non existent tire bead and the rim lip. However, I have been hammering them pretty hard, as I ride my Fatty like a normal trail bike, and I have had zero problems to date.

Perhaps the saving grace for me is that I am heavy, and so run at higher pressures than most people by default.

The Sym link says sold out. The Offset link is dead.
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker