Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vee Rubber

aka bOb
    I'm not totally sure which tread is the Bulldozer yet? Every site shows different even the Vee site. I guess I should get down to my LBS and pick mine up.

move on up...
    pick some up for me too bOb.....

mtbr member

Vee Rubber

Fatbikes.com can get most of the tires if you email them. Or lbs that is a QBP dealer.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by Forged1 View Post
    pick some up for me too bOb.....
    No problemo but I get the 2 lightest ones

move on up...
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bdundee again."

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    they have a few tires on sale at incycle site, but a lot of their tires seem priced like most others, maybe slightly cheaper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks guys that helps.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Can order through as aebike
    http://www.aebike.com/Vee-Rubber-Bul...k_p_75702.html
    QBP does not have a pic of the Bulldozer
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Vee Rubber Bulldozer Fat Bike Tire: 26" x 4.7" 120tpi Folding Bead Silica Compound Black - AEBike.com
    I just ordered 2. Thanks.
    It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

Rocking on a Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    So we are not even totally sure what they look like?
    Looks like the Snowshoe everyone is showing
    Bulldozer | VEE Tire Co.

Looks like the Bulldozer other people show.
    Snowshoe XL | VEE Tire Co.

And the other link above that someone else posted shows the same as vee and not the rest of the world. What the heck gives, I just need to go pick em up tomorrow.
    Guess I will be surprised. Post a pic of yours.

aka bOb
    Vee Rubber Bulldozer Fat Bike Tire: 26" x 4.7" 120tpi Folding Bead Silica Compound Black - AEBike.com
    So we are not even totally sure what they look like?
    Looks like the Snowshoe everyone is showing
    Bulldozer | VEE Tire Co.

Looks like the Bulldozer other people show.
    Snowshoe XL | VEE Tire Co.

And the other link above that someone else posted shows the same as vee and not the rest of the world. What the heck gives, I just need to go pick em up tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Patiently awaiting delivery....

Should be in Tuesday

Amazon.com: VEE Rubber 26x4.25 H-Billie: Sports & Outdoors

90 bucks via Amazon, sold by XTreme B&S

mtbr member
    Can't wait to hear some reviews.
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 Specialized Fatboy Comp
    2014 Trek Fuel EX8
    2015 GT Grade 105

aka bOb
    1347g and 1395g mounted up tubeless very well and are a lot quieter and seem to roll better on pavement than my Ground Controls but are definitely a little smaller as well. Outside knobs are at about 111mm @15psi set up tubeless.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14584794937/player/" width="281" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14585425549/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14768912811/in/photostream/player/" width="281" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

And the money shot!!
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14585427179/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocking on a Rocky
    80mm rims? I can't wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    That's a nice bike
    So 111 / what are the spec. GC. I know I should know that

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    80mm rims? I can't wait.
    90mm rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    That's a nice bike
    So 111 / what are the spec. GC. I know I should know that
    My GC where about 114mm on 90's between knob to knob and thanks!!

I mainly picked these up due to my GC's wearing fairly fast on my commute to the the trail head (11 miles one way) plus the controls aren't that efficient on the road. These definitely roll better and feel more controlled leaning it over on gravel than the GC's. One thing that was a little weird and maybe they will get better is cornering on road surfaces, it was almost like it quickens the steering. It could be a touch of self steer but not sure yet I will play with the pressures but either way I will get accustomed to it and after a few days I prolly won't even notice it. I think the GC's just really handled excellent in road conditions almost as good as a Bud, not really what a fattie is designed for but I need to get to the trail somehow.

mtbr member
    Are there directional arrows on that tire? The chevron pattern looks right, but shouldn't those big ramps point forward for less rolling resistance and the square side of the center knobs point to the back for more braking grip?

aka bOb
    80mm rims? I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeist View Post
    Are there directional arrows on that tire? The chevron pattern looks right, but shouldn't those big ramps point forward for less rolling resistance and the square side of the center knobs point to the back for more braking grip?
    Yes there is and according to the arrow it's the way it is supposed to be, kinda why I posted that pic to get peoples thoughts on it. Maybe Shiggy will chime in.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeist View Post
    Agree, the ramps seem backwards.

mtbr member
    90mm rims.

My GC where about 114mm on 90's between knob to knob and thanks!!

I mainly picked these up due to my GC's wearing fairly fast on my commute to the the trail head (11 miles one way) plus the controls aren't that efficient on the road. These definitely roll better and feel more controlled leaning it over on gravel than the GC's. One thing that was a little weird and maybe they will get better is cornering on road surfaces, it was almost like it quickens the steering. It could be a touch of self steer but not sure yet I will play with the pressures but either way I will get accustomed to it and after a few days I prolly won't even notice it. I think the GC's just really handled excellent in road conditions almost as good as a Bud, not really what a fattie is designed for but I need to get to the trail somehow.
    These sound like they might be a great option for me as well. I ride a lot on roads/crushed limestone and I'm looking for something with a bit less resistance then the GC's. I would love to get your thoughts on them with even more time with them.
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2015 Specialized Fatboy Comp
    2014 Trek Fuel EX8
    2015 GT Grade 105

aka bOb
    I have yet to see any new tire delivered anywhere close to the promise date. Vee Rubber claimed a 6 week lead time from mold approval to shipping for the Floater. Took more than 6 months.
    Wow how can companies work like that?

What do you think Shiggy should I reverse the direction of the front tire?

Re: Vee Rubber

That's what they told me 30 days ago. Ahh life in the fat world.
    I have yet to see any new tire delivered anywhere close to the promise date. Vee Rubber claimed a 6 week lead time from mold approval to shipping for the Floater. Took more than 6 months.
    mtbtires.com

Wow how can companies work like that?

What do you think Shiggy should I reverse the direction of the front tire?
    That is the way EVERY tire company seems to operate.

I rarely use reversed directions f/r. The replies to this thread have become so jumbled I do not know what tire you mean. In any case, try it both ways and see what works better for you.
    mtbtires.com

aka bOb

I rarely use reversed directions f/r. The replies to this thread have become so jumbled I do not know what tire you mean. In any case, try it both ways and see what works better for you.
    This is mounted the direction the arrow shows, the chevrons seem correct but the ramps are backwards?
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14768912811/player/" width="281" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

This is mounted the direction the arrow shows, the chevrons seem correct but the ramps are backwards?
    <iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/85144286@N02/14768912811/player/" width="281" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    There is more than the ramps that look odd to me. A conflicting tread design.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Vee Rubber

There is more than the ramps that look odd to me. A conflicting tread design.
    Care to elaborate? Would be interested in learning something about tread design

mtbr member
    My direction arrow on my H-billie seemed backwards as well compared to the ramps of the knobs. So I mounted it in the direction of the ramps. Seems to be quite and it bites really well.
    You know with the Billie mounted on my 60mm rim the tire's bite changes when I really lean it over as well, almost like self steer as well, but I really have to lean it over to get it to grab like that (like a few inches from pedal strike)

Quote Originally Posted by ionofchios View Post
    Care to elaborate? Would be interested in learning something about tread design
    It would be a book. The transition knobs match the ramps.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'm wondering about the bulldozer primarily for snow use. I think the size will work on my Norco Bigfoot if it's slightly smaller than the ground control, and the price is reasonable. I'm hoping the strange design elements don't mean much in soft snow. As long as they have more grip and float than the Mission, and weigh less than a boat anchor, they should be a big improvement.
    Last edited by blizzard_mk; 07-29-2014 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Any word when the studded version of the Snowshoe will be available?

mtbr member

Vee Rubber

I am really hoping for a studded vee tire. The price to convert say a nate is way to much money. The dillenger needs a competitor. It would be awesome if nokian jumped in. There studded vehicle tires have saved my life and families more than once.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The new Billie is in, and isn't appreciably larger than the Nate or the Mission it replaces.
    Name:  Comparo.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  98.5 KB
    I tend to agree with the Skipper that the arrow indicates directional travel counter to the way the tire 'ramps up'
    Vee Rubber-billie-tread.jpgVee Rubber-billie-mounted.jpg
    So I mounted the tire 'backwards'.
    I did a quick ride around the block at 15 PSI to seat everything, and started dropping the PSI. I got to 11 before any noticable 'self-steer' started. Even then, the Billie has it hands down over the Mission it replaces, and doesn't attempt to drag the bars out of your hands while riding off camber.
    I also like the way the new Billie fills the gap in the fork, and appears more aggressive than the Mission.
    Vee Rubber-billie-mukluk.jpg
    Now all I need is a little time to give it a proper test run.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    According to the company last winter, there is supposed to be a studded V tire this winter. Time will tell...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boude View Post
    Weight in my shop this day :
    > BULLDOZER 26x4,70 120TPI = 1299grs
    > SNOWSHOE XL 26x4,80 120TPI = 1534grs

[url=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=5281672014VEESNOWSHOEXL120TPI.jpg][/url
    These pics a reminder who's who. Thanks to boude. I e-mailed AEBike.com and they said they just used pictures that Vee sent. Good price discount there. I still think the Bulldozer will work for me- shallow, ramped knobs good for front but taller side knobs for cornering. I think the ramps should point forward on the front for less resistance rolling forward and more braking grip. On the rear maybe forward traction is more important than brake grip. I don't think the "chevron" direction is as important, but that's just my intuition. On the wait list for studded snowshoes- they should be a health insurance premium deduction.

aka bOb
    Quality company that can't even get the tires right on their own website!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    did the h-billie replace the original snowshoe? it looks the same as the snowshoe on the front of my bike. probably swap it to the rear and put an XL on the front this winter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    So is Bulldozer going to fit a Pugsley when mounted on a Marge rim (Currently Large Marge XC)?

I would like a little more volume for winter without needing to buy a new bike.

Craig

mtbr member
    I think so Kidd, I think they are using the same carcass and just changed the tread pattern some. (I think it's even using the silicon compound as well).

aka bOb
    Ah never mind,brain fart

`

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post
    So is Bulldozer going to fit a Pugsley when mounted on a Marge rim (Currently Large Marge XC)?

I would like a little more volume for winter without needing to buy a new bike.

Craig
    Don't know for sure but I did try a Ground Control on my wifes Pugs (back) on RD's and no go. The bulldozers are a few mm narrower plus on 65's, maybe? That's all I got good luck!!

mtbr member
    As the the old snowshoe, should have finished the sentence.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by switchie View Post
    The new Billie is in, and isn't appreciably larger than the Nate or the Mission it replaces.
    Name:  Comparo.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  98.5 KB
    I tend to agree with the Skipper that the arrow indicates directional travel counter to the way the tire 'ramps up'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billie Tread.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	911815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billie mounted.jpg 
Views:	1082 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	911816
    So I mounted the tire 'backwards'.
    I did a quick ride around the block at 15 PSI to seat everything, and started dropping the PSI. I got to 11 before any noticable 'self-steer' started. Even then, the Billie has it hands down over the Mission it replaces, and doesn't attempt to drag the bars out of your hands while riding off camber.
    I also like the way the new Billie fills the gap in the fork, and appears more aggressive than the Mission.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billie and the Mukluk.jpg 
Views:	668 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	911817
    Now all I need is a little time to give it a proper test run.
    The tread wrap on these are very, very poor.

One of the reasons Nate grips like mad in the slick is because of the tread width. It makes for better off-camber and cornering grip, but it also helps with forward motion once you drop the PSI and all the knobs are making contact.

They needed to add another row of shoulder knobs, or space the tread out more. Big bummer. Hopefully their other tires aren't also a narrow little strip of tread on a huge casing like the snowshoe/h Billie.
    Last edited by ultraspontane; 07-31-2014 at 02:45 PM.

mtbr member
    That's not really a fair assessment there. I wouldn't be comparing the Nate to the Billie, that's kind of like saying a Minion has more traction than a Icon, true but it's not the same application. The Nate is the most aggressive tire in that size currently, and in my case it would be too much tire for my trails. I think the billie/dozer is more along the lines of the knard/larry kind of tread. Perfect for shuttling to the trails and works well on my 60mm rim.
    The other great thing about these Vee tires is that QBP has lowered the prices on their tires across the board...

mtbr member
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by worldskipper View Post
    That's not really a fair assessment there. I wouldn't be comparing the Nate to the Billie, that's kind of like saying a Minion has more traction than a Icon, true but it's not the same application. The Nate is the most aggressive tire in that size currently, and in my case it would be too much tire for my trails. I think the billie/dozer is more along the lines of the knard/larry kind of tread. Perfect for shuttling to the trails and works well on my 60mm rim.
    The other great thing about these Vee tires is that QBP has lowered the prices on their tires across the board...
    It's not the aggressiveness of the tread, it's the wrap, or lack thereof. Both Larry and Knard have great tread wrap. These seem like great tires otherwise. Silica compound is a great idea for winter. Just that one glaring design flaw will prevent me from buying.

aka bOb
    I just took my Bulldozers of. Even though they seemed to perform great my OCD was going nuts just looking at the front tire.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    I just took my Bulldozers of. Even though they seemed to perform great my OCD was going nuts just looking at the front tire.
    My OCD is going nuts looking at your typo, Bob.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

aka bOb
    80mm rims? I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    My OCD is going nuts looking at your typo, Bob.
    Sorry I should really wear my glasses, old eyes suck!!

Rocking on a Rocky
    Sorry I should really wear my glasses, old eyes suck!!
    Hey leave me you of this. My Bulldozers are somewhere between here and Michigan.

mtbr member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast