mtbr member
    Nov 2011

USA Made Salsa Mukluk Frame Question

Trying to get opinions on whether or not I would be better off selling my US made Mukluk frame as a frameset or as a complete bike? I would be pulling the parts off a 2014 X9 Beargrease.... so It would have a new drivetrain and parts.

Are these frames still desirable?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Not really, especially the medium ones. I can safely dispose of it if you wish

Frameset would be more desirable I think, there's been some decent upgrades released since the US Ti Muk was.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty In Hamilton View Post
    Trying to get opinions on whether or not I would be better off selling my US made Mukluk frame as a frameset or as a complete bike? I would be pulling the parts off a 2014 X9 Beargrease.... so It would have a new drivetrain and parts.

Are these frames still desirable?
    I wouldn't put brand new parts on a used frame and sell it. You are going to have to discount the frame/bike anyway so you might as well sell it with used parts. Unless you have absolutely no use for the new drivetrain/parts.

If you really want the old parts keep 'em and sell the frame by itself. If you don't want to keep the old parts just sell the whole bike as is.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was thinking about selling the new parts because I have nicer parts on the TI bike now that I was going to switch over to the Beargrease. I have all XO 10sp stuff with XO twisters with a Raceface Turbine crank - it is all in good condition.... and I have a thomson, carbon bar, and thomson post and stem that will all work with the new bike....

What do you think the TI frame and stock fork (which was never installed) are worth as a set?

Thanks for the help with this. Also - am I better off selling it on the classifieds or Ebay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty In Hamilton View Post
    I was thinking about selling the new parts because I have nicer parts on the TI bike now that I was going to switch over to the Beargrease. I have all XO 10sp stuff with XO twisters with a Raceface Turbine crank - it is all in good condition.... and I have a thomson, carbon bar, and thomson post and stem that will all work with the new bike...
    Do you have a use for the BG's parts? If so you got them at a nice OEM discount so I'd keep 'em and sell the frame/fork.

If you really can't see using the parts then sell the bike complete. It will get you some cash for them and get them out of your garage.

For price I would take the current cost to buy something similar and discount it to 50%-70% of MSRP as a start. Lower if condition is bad and/or the new frame has some better features. Higher if it's in good condition and/or the old frame is particularly desirable. You can always lower the price if it doesn't sell after a week or two.

I've never used EBay or the classifieds to sell a bike so I can't help you there.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What size is the frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It's a Large

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    You might do better with an ad on mtbr, and adding a "paid spam" post here on the fatbike forum.