Thread: uh oh

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

uh oh

2015 Kona WO Sneak Peek! | FAT-BIKE.COM

me likey kona bikes. perfect fit

rog

PRETENDURO
    Gomez’ site is daily reading for me. Good schtuff!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Gomez’ site is daily reading for me. Good schtuff!
    agreed!

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    so stoked on the sliders. fatbikes make perfect one speeds. for non snow especially. i barely touch the gears on my charge. i mean with all that grip.......

rog

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have the '14 that I built from a frame, and it is my favorite bike. I like it with 4.0's as a winter bike, but as a 29+ it is even more awesome. I was considering getting another frame, but the 190 rear on this kills that idea. If it rides anything like last year's model, there will be a lot of happy people, especially with the weight drop and component improvement.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxdiesel View Post
    I have the '14 that I built from a frame, and it is my favorite bike. I like it with 4.0's as a winter bike, but as a 29+ it is even more awesome. I was considering getting another frame, but the 190 rear on this kills that idea. If it rides anything like last year's model, there will be a lot of happy people, especially with the weight drop and component improvement.
    i sold a bunch of wo's this past winter/spring and it is a great riding bike. many happy customers. not sure i want to trade my comfy steel charge for the new wo, but given the package for the price you get, and the fact that i do love aluminum next to steel i may go for it.

drop 2 more pounds immediately by going 1 x 10 or more likely singlespeed as i'm much more of a one speeder than a geary, and then go light tubes or split tubeless.

love the color too

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I thought the Wo got generally crappy reviews. Or maybe I am confusing it with the KHS 4000 All Four Season Bike 3000 4 Season KHS fatbike?

The Wo sure does look sharp with that green though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The only downside I see to this frame is that it does not seem to be Bluto ready.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tyriverag View Post
    I thought the Wo got generally crappy reviews. Or maybe I am confusing it with the KHS 4000 All Four Season Bike 3000 4 Season KHS fatbike?

The Wo sure does look sharp with that green though.
    wicked sharp!

the 14' wo came with super heavy tires and meh disc brakes. whole bike was pretty heavy, but still rode well.

the 15' is light years improved and only 200.00 increase in price.

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i believe it is bluto ready.

rog

I rode a wo last year with the really sweepy stock bars like this.

uh oh-p1100461-600x421.jpg

I rode it in the summertime on dry trails. It was absolute $hit. Rode awful. I am convinced that the bars were a huge part of that. I was on a large, which is at the upper end what fits for me, but it was still incredibly upright. It felt like a cruiser bike with that setup. All my weight was planted on the saddle. With a straighter bar, I'm sure it'd be a different bike entirely. Doing a Google image search for the bike suggests many others thought the same. I don't find many pics with the stock bars.

mtbr member

Re: uh oh

Reminds me of the bars on my folks' vintage schwinn roadie. I hopped that bike, just to see if I could, but those bars should not be on a bike meant for trails.

Do these bikes use the press fit bb, like they are using on the process line?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Bars. Some loved em, some not so much.

rog

Loser
    I checked the Wo out at the local EMS during the winter - I thought it was dramatically overpriced, the Motobecane FB4 Elite was about the same spec for half the price.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    I checked the Wo out at the local EMS during the winter - I thought it was dramatically overpriced, the Motobecane FB4 Elite was about the same spec for half the price.
    I wouldn't disagree with you on that. The 15' is priced much more appropriately for what you get.

rog

mtbr member
    You said it dropped 4lbs, so how much does it weigh now?
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Not a fan of the green color.. Here's my '14.. Straight handle bar, hydraulic brakes and dropper seat ( a must riding san diego trails ).. upgrading to full xt drivetrain soon.. Maybe if '15 came with bluto , i might consider upgrading..

uh oh-imag.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    You said it dropped 4lbs, so how much does it weigh now?
    pretty much 3 of those pounds were trimmed off of the tires alone. the mission's were over 1800 grams a piece and he snowshoes are closer to 1200 grams. the rims are lighter also. it must weigh in at around 33lbs as the old one was about 37lbs.

lighter tubes drops a pound. 1x10 drops another. pretty easy to get to 30, or 29 with a carbon fork.

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I was kinda hoping Kona would bring a Honzo-esque fat bike to the market. Maybe next year. The `15 frame does look super nice, though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgVT View Post
    I was kinda hoping Kona would bring a Honzo-esque fat bike to the market. Maybe next year. The `15 frame does look super nice, though.
    I sent an email out to see if the 455 chainstay length was with axle in the middle of the sliders or forward. I imagine it's at center which may mean you could shorten to 440 or so give or take.

rog