mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Trying to decide between On-One or 9 zero 7

I want to buy a new fat bike. I am trying to decide between the On One and the 9 zero 7. Is there any advantage of one over the other? On One has a package deal right now that bundles the wheels in but I am not sure how good they are.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Good luck with that decision, it's a tough one!

907 Pros: Colors, complete builds are nicer
    On-One Pros: Price, Floater tires get good reviews

907 Cons: Love it or hate it curvy tubing
    On-One Cons: Can't test ride one since there aren't as many local dealers
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

Elitest thrill junkie
    I live in the great northern state and I went with the on-one. Free shipping and I had hundreds of dollars left over to make some upgrades. Unless you have thousands to spend, the basic parts specs are pretty low-end and they cost a lot more than an equivalent 26 or 29 wheeled bike. It's kind of hard to get a "basic" fatbike around here without spending a lot more than 2K.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    easy one that

9zero7

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The advantage of the 9:zero:7 is you build or spec the exact bike you want, you get all the right components first time around and don't need to swap anything!

For instance....

You don't need to try and shedding weight by drilling out the rims.... Just buy Marge lite's.....

You don't need to swap hubs or skewers..... Just get hope stuff......

You don't need to swap the brakes, just get what you want....

They are great bikes but I am a little biased!!

The down side..... Twice the price for a decent spec!

mtbr member
    BB heights are quite different what are you going to be riding?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    The On-One is a bike designed and built to come in at the budget end of fatbiking. That is not a criticism. It is great that they did that, but it is a budget fatbike.

The 907 is not a budget fatbike.

Which is more important to you? If you can afford a 907 that would be my choice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am looking for something to ride during the winter on the local xc ski trials. I just want to keep moving outside during the winter on a bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I (I should say my nuts) really liked the curved top tube in the winter time. There were many times I needed all the standover I could get in the snow. Yeah, the trails are packed down, but the snow on the side of the trails (where you put your foot) was not packed.

I am not sure if a 9 has a better standover, but it is a great feature for any snow bike. Be careful though, the 9 is such a well rounded bike that you might just not ride your other bikes when the snow melts. I know the 29" Knards fit the 170mm frame, and I have been thinking about trying that setup out.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystack Calhoun View Post
    I am looking for something to ride during the winter on the local xc ski trials. I just want to keep moving outside during the winter on a bike.
    You can't go wrong with either, but for what you are looking for the on one would save you a bunch of moola and get the job done just fine.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why are you only looking at these two? I would personally go with a Salsa Mukluk if I wanted to keep the cost down somewhat. Geometry-wise I actually like the Mukluk better than the 907 (I have both) for snow and sand riding. For summer trails the 907 is more agile.

Would be interesting if someone could comment on the riding experience of the On One compared to 907.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    9:Zero:7 is an awesome supporter of the local trail system here in Ogden, UT. I am a bit biased, but I'd go 9:Zero:7 :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    9:Zero:7 is an awesome supporter of the local trail system here in Ogden, UT. I am a bit biased, but I'd go 9:Zero:7 :-)
    Hmmm now why would an Alaskan company support trails in Ogden of all places?

That's great to hear that they are trail supporters too, that's awesome, regardless of what town the trails are in!
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGI410 View Post
    Hmmm now why would an Alaskan company support trails in Ogden of all places?

That's great to hear that they are trail supporters too, that's awesome, regardless of what town the trails are in!
    They distribute from Ogden, UT:9:ZERO:7 moves distribution to Utah | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

They've supported our fundraising efforts, as well as trail work days. Colin (Fatbikes.com/9Zero7) is a top notch guy!

mtbr member
    holy crap i live in ogden. I never knew they were here. Well i just started looking at fat bikes but still. I wonder if they have a store or if its just a warehouse.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmeathead View Post
    holy crap i live in ogden. I never knew they were here. Well i just started looking at fat bikes but still. I wonder if they have a store or if its just a warehouse.
    I don't think they have a brick & mortar location, but you could probably call them and pick up your bike. These guys are great; we even have them on our jersey (as well as ENVE, another great local company). We are very fortunate to have so many local bike companies in Ogden; we receive lot's of support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trying to decide between On-One or 9 zero 7-soccer-pictures-may13-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thats a very nice jersey. Skyline is my main bike shop and i actually competed in Hurt in the Dirt over the weekend. All the sand on the course and me planning on commuting year round even in the winter has me really thinking of getting a fat bike. Great to know there is a local company around here.