Chronic Underachiever

Triple D Winter Race

Most people here who are interested in this probably already know, but just in case...

The sixth annual Triple D Winter Race will be held in Dubuque Iowa on January 20, 2013. The marquee event is a 100K bike race that runs to Dyersville and back on a combination of snow-covered surfaces (mostly snowmobile trail.) The rules do not require the use of any particular kind of bicycle, but fat bikes are the predominant choice.

More information is available on the event website, which will be updated periodically.

Heritage Trail

Harmonius Wrench

Going back again

This is a really awesome event. I'll be going back again for my second time. I also hear that there is a chance that more trail may be added to this event, which would be really cool. We'll see, but either way, this is a good time on a fat bike.

Laramie, Wyoming
    January is a busy month.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    i wish i could be around for this, but Florida and family hold a trump card

Chronic Underachiever
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    This is a really awesome event. I'll be going back again for my second time. I also hear that there is a chance that more trail may be added to this event, which would be really cool. We'll see, but either way, this is a good time on a fat bike.
    It was great to see you last year, and I dunno about you, but I was really happy that we had snow for this!

And yes, according to the race organizer, there will be "more single track this year and less Dubuque city streets." I think they built a new bike bridge over either 32 or 52 this year, so we might not have to have the cops stopping traffic for us (but then, I don't know the new route...)

Also,
    new poker run event for the bikers has been added. So that means there will be a Triple D Bike Race (100k) and a Triple D Poker Event (about 35 miles). The 100K racers are allowed to also compete in the poker contest at the end of the day as they will be visting all but two of the bars on the poker run route (poker run participants will get two extra cards if they make to all 7 of the bars (5 card stud).
    So, a little something for those feeling less racy.

This will be my fifth time. I guess you could say that some people never learn

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by MauricioB View Post
    It was great to see you last year, and I dunno about you, but I was really happy that we had snow for this!
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked that it actually snowed just before the event. I had been training on a fat bike in hopes that I would actually get the full winter bike race experience, and not just a XC race on my 29"er. Hopefully this Triple D will also be a snowy one.

It was great to meet you as well. I had a fantastic time, and I am sure whether there is snow or not it will be another fun time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    This will be my 4th... fun race. Only "fatbike" event on my calendar even though I do own one now.

Chronic Underachiever

Registration is Open

Registration is open on the event site and here's a direct link to Active.com.

Chronic Underachiever
    Bump

Still some room left for anyone who's interested. Please note that mail-in registration needs to be postmarked today and that online registration closes on Friday.