mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Trailers With Fat Bikes

As part of my campaign to rationalize year round riding of my Moonlander, I'm thinking of adding a trailer in the Spring. Does anyone have experience pulling a Bikes At Work trailer or something similar with a fat bike? I figure that bizarrely offset rear hub already works pretty hard, and I don't want to overdo it. My loads would be light easily under 100 lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Fat School Bus by mbeganyi, on Flickr

Anchorage, AK
    Bob trailer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trailers With Fat Bikes-img00227.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    How did you get the BOB trailer to fit? Did you get a custom built front yoke? Do they sell fat bike yokes at BOB yet?
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

Anchorage, AK
    Quote Originally Posted by sick4surf View Post
    How did you get the BOB trailer to fit? Did you get a custom built front yoke? Do they sell fat bike yokes at BOB yet?
    It is steel. Grab both sides and gently pull them apart about an extra inch and a half. I had a wider skewer made by moving the end bits from a bob to a mukluk skewer.

The OP has a Moonlander, however, so it should fit right out of the box--although it will be offset a bit and there might be some tire rubbing on the side of the yoke.

mtbr member
    I have a Pugs and I tried the bob trailer and there was rub/okay stoppage! on the offset side. I was afraid to ruin the new bob and my LBS wouldn't even try it. So I sent it back. If I ever find a used one, totally trying to bend it though!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the pix and inspiration everyone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi, I have just bought a bob trailer. I have fitted a 2.3 tyre and tried it on the beach, no worries in sand near waters edge but in soft sand became an anchor. I have seen a hire company in Alaska that have 3 inch tyre on bob. If anyone has tried this can you please give details on how trailer went in soft conditions. Any info appreciated before I start changing trailer.
    Sorry if this is in wrong thread.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    for those about to build or already built a trailer what tire did you use? I'm thinking about building a custom frame .....

mtbr member
    I know that TommieSea over at Fat Sand Bike makes a beach going two wheel trailer. He's got it on youtube.