addicted to chunk

Trail karma, pass it on.

So I got a ride in today in northern Indiana. couple of teenage kids flagged me down "sir, excuse me sir! do you have a rope?"....
    ummmm....rope?

one kid wrecked & his rear derailer was toasted, along with the hanger. No saving it. They were going to pull the non-working bike with the BMX....yah right.

So I told him I could convert it to single speed if he wanted me to (they said they had a 10 mile ride to get home) but he'd probably have to buy a new chain. it was a 7 speed so I couldn't just put a quick link in as all I had in my pack were 9 speed.

He agreed so I bypassed the RD, shortened the chain, & got him pedaling again.

Got back to truck & met a couple nice dudes from the northern IN bike club, & they gave me a beer, how cool is that?!

Trail karma, pass it on.
    Riding.....

Nuts
    I recently had bike Karma even though I don't believe in Karma. Please remember this is a story and not bragging because I don't believe in that either.

Anyhoo awhile ago I ordered a Santa Cruz LTc from Competitive cyclist and had it shipped to a friends house because I wouldn't be home to receive it. Well about a week or two later I get a call from my friend saying you have two boxes here. What, why would they ship a frame in 2 boxes? He said no I think it's two frames, so I rushed over there and yes they sent me two frames mine and a brand new sweet carbon green Nomad. So I called CC and they had no records of sending me two frames but one of the persons customers that I was talking to was missing his green carbon nomad that he has been waiting for. Sure enough it was his frame and I shipped it directly to him and CC gave me a little gift certificate which wasn't required or asked for. Well a few months pass and I was checking out some Carbon Hoops for my skinny bike and I came upon Nox Composites, a new and upcoming star from Tennessee in the Carbon wheel industry. So I liked their Facebook page and was doing some research and really like their rims a lot and making a few comments here and there and asking a few questions. Well a few days later I get a friend request from a dude in Tennessee, looked like a mountain biker so I accepted because I pretty much only accept cool people (aka mountain bikers). So this guy ends up being the owner of Nox and says we want to give you a set of our rims just because. Now if I believed in Karma this would be a great example but I don't and I don't believe in bragging but I do believe in paying back people who help us so spam alert Check out Nox Composites and see what they have to offer and yes they do pay for advertising on MTBR
    Last edited by bdundee; 09-25-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    That's funny...I "liked" their page in an effort to win too...I really wanted a pair of 29'er hoops for summertime non-fat applications. Congrats.
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Nemophilist
    Hmmm...

- Seems I fix something for people almost every week.
    - Doesn't everyone?
    - It aint braggin if ya dun it.
    - Even if Karma doesn't exist, it never hurts to feed it.
    Most people ply the Well Trodden Path. A few seek a different way, and leave a Trail behind.
    - John Hajny, a.k.a. TrailMaker

mtbr member
    I carry a First Aid kit when I ride. So far I haven't needed it, but I have used it to help others. I recently got an InReach satellite messenger for more remote rides. My reasoning is the same as the FA kit - carry it and help others...hopefully that will mean I never need to be rescued from the middle of nowhere.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    last ride, I gave my last powerlink to my buddy to get him rolling after his chain broke. 3 miles later, mine broke & I converted to single speed to get back to the car. I go in to my bike shop and find I have a credit for a new chain. :-)
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    bravo guys, good stuff.
    Mongoose product development