Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Bad cat!

Is there a fatbike trade thread?

Should there be? Where it would be fat for fat, skinny for fat, or fat for skinny? I have some items to fish with/for.

mtbr member
    I'm looking for a fat!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fat Fixation

What size? I have a XL limited edition nickel plated aluminum Fatback frame....$400 w/ seatpost

Bad cat!
    Sorry, I was thinking more like the parts trade thread in the Singlespeed forum. Nothing for sale, you throw up some parts you have and what you're looking for, then I guess the PM's fly...

I think it's taboo to toss out prices and talk cash, that's classifieds territory.

For example, I have a Niner nude carbon fork, almost new, looking for a Carver O'beast carbon fork for the fatty...

mtbr member
    Interested...whats the steerer tube length?

/

Bad cat!
    7 7/8"--feel free to PM me, can get some pics together and such together...

mtbr member
    Have a Carver fork... but your steerer is to short for me.

Bad cat!
    Shoot--thanks for checking Nobby605

wheelmanron
    May 2009
    I have a brand new, not cut grey Pugsley fork, 135mm offset. If anyone is interested, I will consider all interesting offers, not just bike stuff.

mtbr member
    looking for a small pug, have a small El Mariachi for trade if interested

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    I have a FatLefty set up. Clamps, wheel (fat Sheba, P321 hub, Ti-Lefty). I'm looking fro a White Bro. SnowPack.
    nobby, is your Carver carbon or Ti.?
    FatBob, if I could get a straight answer from the guy who wants my spare frame...I'd trade ya. It's a non-sloping top tube, does that matter?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spd1way View Post
    I have a FatLefty set up. Clamps, wheel (fat Sheba, P321 hub, Ti-Lefty). I'm looking fro a White Bro. SnowPack.
    FatBob, if I could get a straight answer from the guy who wants my spare frame...I'd trade ya. It's a non-sloping top tube, does that matter?
    1spd1way, is your spare built up or just a frame? In a perfect world I'd love to do bike for bike... Is a non sloping tt the 1st version purple rig?

mtbr member
    Last edited by nvphatty; 08-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.

This place needs an enema
    More details on what you have, please?

And more details on what you'd ideally get in trade?

Thanks,

MC

mtbr member
    Does it have the clamps to work with a 170 head tube?

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Clamps are from the first set from Craig @mendon. Ti-lefty is old, rebuilt by Craig and ridden for one winter and two summers. Travel reduced from 90m (?) using 29er kit for a newer Lefty. P321 hub, black/silver. Graceful Sheba rim.

I'm looking for a Snowpack fork. Prefer 450 ac to closely match the Pugs fork.

FatBob, the frame is a thunderhead grey frame same toptube setup as the purple, just grey. Frame only, offset fork available.

Clamps are from the first set from Craig @mendon. Ti-lefty is old, rebuilt by Craig and ridden for one winter and two summers. Travel reduced from 90m (?) using 29er kit for a newer Lefty. P321 hub, black/silver. Graceful Sheba rim.

I'm looking for a Snowpack fork. Prefer 450 ac to closely match the Pugs fork.

FatBob, the frame is a thunderhead grey frame same toptube setup as the purple, just grey. Frame only, offset fork available.
    How much steerer do you need?

I put a Snowpack fork onto the wife's Fatback at the end of last winter. I'm not sure she's even ridden it yet--maybe once? If you need a shortish steerer we may have a deal.

If I understand you correctly, your Lefty has 90mm travel with the fat wheel?

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    mikesee, the Ti-lefty was 90mm when stock. LBS put in 1 spacer from a 29er kit (from cannondale). So a little less ,20mm (?). travel is about 70mm now. I haven't been lacking for travel riding here in Maine. The steerer tube on my Pugs is 202mm/8 in.. I'll remeasure to be sure.
    Last edited by 1spd1way; 07-31-2012 at 02:48 AM.

mikesee, the Ti-lefty was 90mm when stock. LBS put in 1 spacer from a 29er kit (from cannondale). So a little less ,20mm (?). I haven't been lacking for travel riding here in Maine. The steerer tube on my Pugs is 202mm/8 in.. I'll remeasure to be sure.
    Thanks for the info. No longer interested--but I'm sure someone else is.

Bad cat!

Calling the wheelmaster...

Hey Mikesee, I have a fat lefty setup I'd think about doing a little trading with against some wheel build action, any interest in that? Already trying to get parts together for a 2013 Muk set up single speed. God I hate myself.

Lefty Max 140 from my 2005 Prophet, new pbr poptop guts (and a good going over w/some new needle bearings and a fresh boot) from MCS last fall, 9 3/8" of steerer tube with tape butted against crown race, had 95mm of travel on the Muk but fully bottomed would just barely buzz the lugs on the Nate (my own homebrewed spacer inside). Also have a rolling holey darryl I laced to a cannondale si hub but that would be pretty funny if you wanted that I suppose...

Looking to get as far as I can towards a Marge lite/dt swiss double butted/hope rear/whub front type of scenario. Have one Marge lite rim already.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_ben View Post
    Hey Mikesee, I have a fat lefty setup
    I think the way these here trade threads typically work is that you find general interest and then you discuss details via email.

So, feel free to send me all your specifics (including pics, if possible) to: info at lacemine29 dot com

I'll respond ASAP.

On a different note, for anyone else interested, I have a single fat front wheel that needs a home. Speedway Fatback import hub laced to a Speedway 90mm rim using DT Swiss butted spokes and DT Prolock alloy nips. All black, including the rim strip. New.

Will consider full/partial trades for Middleburn square taper 170mm cranks/Phil wide BB, Mav SC32, 27.2 x ~380 Moots or Eriksen post(s).

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hello,

I have a few things I have a 2 100mm wide 26" 36spoke wheels I front (disc) and 1 rear laced to a nexus 3 speed with coaster brake. Both of these have stainless spokes the front wheel has dmr hub and both are double walled from us choppers. I also have a dlr lefty with a hub with cannondale 4 bolt disk hub also includes the disk, can include a lefty for all 1 1/8 steer tube, only have stock clamps for the lefty. Also have 2 29'er forks m 1 reba and 1 suntour.

Looking for a clown shoe so i can do a nuvinci experiment on my fat tire.

Bad cat!
    I think the way these here trade threads typically work is that you find general interest and then you discuss details via email.
    Okee doke, sorry if I veered off track... Will do on the email.

Still have a Niner carbon nudie new this summer I'm about to put back on the singlespeed and abuse (i.e. ride lovingly) if anyone has a Carver o'beast carbon they might like to trade, see above posts etc. happy to send pics and so on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Would you sell your carver fork?

mtbr member

Thanks, ended up picking up a small pug second hand... now I'm in search of some jones loop bars non Ti

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast