Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nuts

Sus corrected Frames and Fork availability?

I'm laid up and off the bike for the rest of the year and have a lot of time for dreaming of a new build. Well thinking about building a front suspension fat bike for summer use only and I am interested in any rumors of upcoming sus corrected frames and forks. I do know of Sandman but so far their customer service seems a little off and I have to believe more small companies will jumping on board with frames and hopefully some bigger companies will be working on forks. Not really interested in a lefty either. Any rumors would be greatly appreciated to help pass the time.

Thanks....bOb
    And I love beer!!

addicted to chunk
    Well Salsa has pretty much said they are coming out with a FS frame later this year, so you know that will be accompanied by a fork, likely RockShox. So you should be in luck if you aren't interested in the Lefty. Also now that Trek, Spec, & Kona are also jumping on the bandwagon, I'll bet Fox won't be far behind with a fat fork.

I haven't been looking into suspension corrected frames though so sorry I can't be of help....being off the bike for a while can be dangerous....you sit online & look at all these new toys coming out and soon enough your wallet is going to be hurting haha.
    Riding.....

Tor
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is taken from the description of the On-One Fatty:

"Futureproofed with a 470mm fork length, we're ready for the fat front suspension revolution too"

Don't know how much travel it's designed for though.

mtbr member
    nothing to see here...

mtbr member
    Decisions decisions... Do I wait and see what comes out in the next few months or do I just pick up a Surly Moon lander like I originally planned?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry to hear you laid up Bob, wishing you a fast recovery.

I dont have any factual information but the Trek in the pictures looks like it has a long fork suggesting it may be suspension ready.

Cheers,
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I'm laid up and off the bike for the rest of the year and have a lot of time for dreaming of a new build. Well thinking about building a front suspension fat bike for summer use only and I am interested in any rumors of upcoming sus corrected frames and forks. I do know of Sandman but so far their customer service seems a little off and I have to believe more small companies will jumping on board with frames and hopefully some bigger companies will be working on forks. Not really interested in a lefty either. Any rumors would be greatly appreciated to help pass the time.

Thanks....bOb

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Sus corrected Frames and Fork availability?

very nice says it will fit bfls on 82 rim
    http://www.murucycles.com/#!swale-o/c1d3w

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

=========
    A remarkably similar fork is available from a shop in Colorado - Rapid Creek Cycles & Sports - Home - also may resemble a certain Belgian fat-bike brand's fork....they could at least change the color of the anodized bits and slap a sticker on there.

Earlier this week - the attack of the fat-bike clones and now.....you can bolt on a fork clone to match.
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

Nuts
    Muru is definitely on my short list of frames and maybe fork they seem like a pretty cool little company, also thanks for the wishes Steven!
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Seems like that fork is the only game in town right now with Fatback, Muru, Sandman all offering them. It would be nice if someone imported and distributed through retailers instead of having to special order them. Also seems stupid for the company making them not to get them to retailers before someone like Fox or Rockshox comes in and dominates the market.

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    Seems like that fork is the only game in town right now with Fatback, Muru, Sandman all offering them. It would be nice if someone imported and distributed through retailers instead of having to special order them. Also seems stupid for the company making them not to get them to retailers before someone like Fox or Rockshox comes in and dominates the market.
    I couldn't find where Fatback is listing them?
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Several months ago Greg did a post on his blog asking about interest in the fork, he mentioned a price and availability date. I just looked but could not find it, his site is under a redesign. Never heard anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I couldn't find where Fatback is listing them?

Nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    Several months ago Greg did a post on his blog asking about interest in the fork, he mentioned a price and availability date. I just looked but could not find it, his site is under a redesign. Never heard anything else.
    Yeah I saw Greg had posted that but then all went quiet, I will have to shoot him an email.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    So when Rock Shox comes out with the fork, will it be with the stanchions on bottom, like the others we've seen? May be a dumb question, but why not just build it like a regular MTB fork?

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul34 View Post
    So when Rock Shox comes out with the fork, will it be with the stanchions on bottom, like the others we've seen? May be a dumb question, but why not just build it like a regular MTB fork?
    My understanding is the cost of new lowers is too high, though there is enough interest now to justify the expense. By using an inverted fork, all they have to do is cast a new crown.
    Here's a pic of our suspension corrected Fatback (using a 90mm travel fork). We will have more of these forks soon from a different manufacturer. Virtually identical, but not from German A.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstywork View Post
    My understanding is the cost of new lowers is too high, though there is enough interest now to justify the expense. By using an inverted fork, all they have to do is cast a new crown.
    Here's a pic of our suspension corrected Fatback (using a 90mm travel fork). We will have more of these forks soon from a different manufacturer. Virtually identical, but not from German A.
    Much thanks- makes sense.

mtbr member
    the fork is not a Muru *exclusive*.

however the manufacturer isn't overly interested in selling it themselves. While the fork has already spent a lot of time on the computer dyno (a *long* time) followed by a couple of weeks on the trail under the designer... the four we have now are for our own riders and some final in-house testing.

Yes... it is already and probably will be in the future available from multiple sources. We never claimed it was an exclusive.

As to decals... we didn't have time to apply them for the pics. And the orange caps... well the manufacturer has a lot of the caps and fittings already produced.

Hope that helps explain it better.

Ride FAT.

mtbr member
    why so freekin much draggin of the feet for this suss fork?? the interest is @ the front door so produce them already!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    why so freekin much draggin of the feet for this suss fork?? the interest is @ the front door so produce them already!!
    they are being produced.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuruCycles View Post
    they are being produced.
    good answer.

mtbr member

Who wants an untested first run of forks? Not me. Test all you want, I will buy when you are satisfied.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schott View Post
    Who wants an untested first run of forks? Not me. Test all you want, I will buy when you are satisfied.
    the same fork has been in test mode with sandman for nearly a yr so it's fair to say it's sorted out to the extent of being released to the public.

mtbr member

Obviously, they think some more testing is needed, or you would have one already. Just let them work it out, it will be better for you in the long run. You won't have to come on the forums complaining about a company that didn't do the proper quality control testing. :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schott View Post
    Obviously, they think some more testing is needed, or you would have one already. Just let them work it out, it will be better for you in the long run. You won't have to come on the forums complaining about a company that didn't do the proper quality control testing. :-)
    i'm good but thanks for your concern.

mtbr member
    hey guys. the QC on the fork is fine. No concerns there.

What we've been playing with is the damping and spring rate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast