Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah man it loves the desert terrain and eats up the loose sand! I can only imagine how it handles the snow! Would really love to take it to the mountains when it starts to snow in my area.
    SWING YOUR LEG OVER IT AND PEDAL

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Looking to build up a ICT Ops for my wife and going with Raceface Turbine cranks. Can someone tell me which BB to use? The ICT uses a PF 41 and I can't seem to find anything that will work on the RaceFace website. Going to go 2X up front.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Raceface calls it BB92. They make a good quality one. You'll need their ICT spacer kit too

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    So bummed. First decent snowfall last night. Tomorrow I have to return my ICT (only ridden in the driveway so far) to cover some of my wife's medical bills. Was so much looking forward to winter before this. **** my luck.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by willapajames View Post
    So bummed. First decent snowfall last night. Tomorrow I have to return my ICT (only ridden in the driveway so far) to cover some of my wife's medical bills. Was so much looking forward to winter before this. **** my luck.
    That sucks, Dude. Hope your wife gets better.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Anyone in Colorado interested in an ICT should check this out: Surly Ice Cream Truck - Any Size

Someone won an ICT but doesn't want it, so they'll order you any size you want for $2375. Pretty good deal!

mtbr member
    Some pictures from a ride today!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ^^^^ very awesome pics bro!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I was thinking of putting on Bluto on next spring...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice bike man, how's the clearance with the bud and bluto? Dose mud and dirt ever get picked up by the tires and get stuck as the tire passes through the fork? Is that the 100mm bluto?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    Some pictures from a ride today!
    Is that picture rock? I was thinking about heading over there today too but went for a road bike ride instead. How's the trail conditions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkzhao View Post
    Is that picture rock? I was thinking about heading over there today too but went for a road bike ride instead. How's the trail conditions?
    Yep, good eye! Its probably 80% snow/slush, 15% mud, and 5% dry dirt. I wouldn't ride it on a skinny mtb right now, but it was awesome on the fatty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sb1616ne View Post
    Nice bike man, how's the clearance with the bud and bluto? Dose mud and dirt ever get picked up by the tires and get stuck as the tire passes through the fork? Is that the 100mm bluto?
    Its set up tubeless and I have no issues with clearance. I've run it between 4 and 10 psi and I it didn't get near the fork at any point in that range. Both tires shed mud and snow really well, and I haven't had any issues with mud buildup in the fork or around the bottom bracket. It is indeed 100mm, which seems like plenty combined with the Bud.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Is the ICT your only bike? Just added 29er FS bike to add to my quiver! Love all my bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Surly ICT thread

Yes, The one and only!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asollie View Post
    Nice looking bike.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Surly ICT thread-ict.jpg

i've been riding Deity bars on a few bikes, love the geo but wasn't sure about the colour of these. First purple ano anything I've bought for my rigs. Haven't had a chance to hit the trails yet for real but it's been an awesome week of nightly back alley fatty drift sessions...I'm amazed again at how much gnarly traction you get outta Bud and Lou. I was freaking my daughter out as she watched me carve corners and all the mini berms I could find in the snow trying to see what it would take to lay it down, figuring in the snow it wasn't gonna hurt too much. The Truck rode out of every turn! Shazaam. Same damn thing on my Krampus in the dirt.

We got about 18 inches of snow a week ago, and some sunshine the past few days...on went the Dillinger 5s.

Love my Truck.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenmonkey View Post
    I was freaking my daughter out as she watched me carve corners and all the mini berms I could find in the snow trying to see what it would take to lay it down, figuring in the snow it wasn't gonna hurt too much.
    She probably just didn't want you to scratch up her bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well, she's 4 so standover's gonna be an issue for a while at least...

mtbr member

Surly ICT thread

Has anyone tried to drop some weight off their ICT other than the one with Fatback Uma 90 rims? I've got a Moonlander but, would like to update to a Bluto equipped bike and its either the blizzard or ICT. But I found the Blizzard harsh in the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Pulling the trigger on my first fat bike tomorrow. I had been really debating on a 2014 pug ops vs an ICT, but after doing so much reading, I'm now leaning towards the ICT ops....I may be the only person who is not completely in love with the blue. I also figured the smaller nates would be better for year round riding, and maybe I'll pick up a clown shoe setup for winter later. Being 5'7", 29.5" inseam, does a small seem right? I've put this purchase off way too long, but I guess I can't develop a feel for what I want/need until I do it!

I'm in southern NH and looking forward to getting out there! 😃

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpm View Post
    Pulling the trigger on my first fat bike tomorrow. I had been really debating on a 2014 pug ops vs an ICT, but after doing so much reading, I'm now leaning towards the ICT ops....I may be the only person who is not completely in love with the blue. I also figured the smaller nates would be better for year round riding, and maybe I'll pick up a clown shoe setup for winter later. Being 5'7", 29.5" inseam, does a small seem right? I've put this purchase off way too long, but I guess I can't develop a feel for what I want/need until I do it!

I'm in southern NH and looking forward to getting out there! 😃
    I'm also 5' 7" with 29.5" inseam. I have a long torso and arms. Went for the small Pug Ops and it fits great. I also have a small Troll, but its a little on the small side.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained ... http://doricdiversions.com

Latitude: 57 45' Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am 511 and the med fits perfect. I think a small would fit you great. When you first look at the bike a small will seem too small but don't be fooled, the top tube is very long for the size.

I live in southern Maine, if you find some good spots to ride down there let me know. Not many riding areas in southern Maine get beat in during the winter months.

banned
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sb1616ne View Post
    I am 511 and the med fits perfect. I think a small would fit you great. When you first look at the bike a small will seem too small but don't be fooled, the top tube is very long for the size.

I live in southern Maine, if you find some good spots to ride down there let me know. Not many riding areas in southern Maine get beat in during the winter months.
    where in southern maine are ya? i'm in southern maine and there's hundreds of miles of great stuff to ride all winter.

rog

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Trigger has been pulled, ICT ops on the way. I had the shop order a clown shoe wheel set and Dillinger 5 studded tires. Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Surly ICT thread

^ sounds great! You won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by Peltsi; 12-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpm View Post
    Trigger has been pulled, ICT ops on the way. I had the shop order a clown shoe wheel set and Dillinger 5 studded tires. Can't wait!!
    Make sure you post some pics...the small frame looks so gnarly with the honkin' wheelset!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Surly ICT thread

Here's my rig 😘

mtbr member

Nice bike

^^^

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My ICT is becoming my go to bike for my weekly rides...Well at least I have two 29ers in my garage to get my lazy friends on the trails with me. Loving the FATTY experience

mtbr member
    my Surly Ice Cream Truck

Surly ICT thread-01p1020376s.jpgSurly ICT thread-01p1020377s.jpgSurly ICT thread-01p1020384s.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ^^^nice pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    New fatbike. First ever surly. Looking forward to be trying this out.

Surly ICT thread-img_5332.jpg

Surly ICT thread-img_5333.jpg

Competent User

Surly ICT thread

Got my ICT, and proceeded to rip a tooth off the big ring, gouging the chainstay, and put a small dent in the rear rim running too little air pressure. Live and learn.

Still happy to have my first fat bike/Surly. Just a little sad.

mtbr member
    Just picked up a ICT Ops this evening. I'll try to get some photos up soon. Took it for a little cruise around the streets. I was quite surprised at how well it rolled, given the size of the tires and knobs. Rolled right up an 8 stepper for fun.

This is my first fat bike, so I'm pretty excited for it. It feels a lot different than my other bikes (nomad 27.5 and nimble 9 SS). Seems like it will be really versatile. Just looking at all the rack mounts made me want to go bikepacking...tonight.

My only reservation might be the stem length. I have 50mm on all my other bikes, this has an 80mm. I'm 5'11" and it's a large. It's not so much that the reach feels long, it has more to do with the relationship of my hands and the front axle of the bike. It steers and wheelies awkwardly...maybe it's just me.

How many of you are running 50mm of their ICTs? What do you think?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm your size, on a LG, and swapped the stem straight off for 60mm. 50mm was too kramp'd on my Krampus (see what I did there?!) so I didn't bother on the ICT. Feel right at home.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Surly ICT thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Got my ICT, and proceeded to rip a tooth off the big ring, gouging the chainstay, and put a small dent in the rear rim running too little air pressure. Live and learn.

Still happy to have my first fat bike/Surly. Just a little sad.
    Congratulations on your new rig! Don't mind about the little dents etc. As Surly says, they are Badge of Honors that shows you use your bike what it is meant to be used 😄

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What size is that?
    Thanx

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by short wheel View Post
    What size is that?
    Thanx

Mine?

A size small.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Quint View Post
    Got my ICT, and proceeded to rip a tooth off the big ring, gouging the chainstay
    The Surly OD rings are purge junk, replace them now and be happy. I also found the 36 to be a bit on the large side, replaced it with a 34t Specialites TA ring, which looks way better, is 1,000,000 times harder wearing and is a more usable ratio.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The Surly OD rings are purge junk, replace them now and be happy. I also found the 36 to be a bit on the large side, replaced it with a 34t Specialites TA ring, which looks way better, is 1,000,000 times harder wearing and is a more usable ratio.
    I replaced my36 with a Surly 33 tooth. Found the same thing. Also just found a tooth missing on it after 10 months of use.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Loving my ICT more and more every ride. It makes such a great all around bike and the geometry is awesome. Did some small customization to it so far to make it stand out a little bit. Now if it would only SNOW!!! All were getting over Christmas is rain rain rain.

12/10/14 Roaring CreekCN1515 by adamkob, on Flickr

Fresh Paint by adamkob, on Flickr

12/23/14 Mary D by adamkob, on Flickr

--Adam

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by appletrollet View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5332.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	949465
    Yes, yours.
    I'm 173 cm (5 feet 8 7/64 inches) still thinking about medium and small.
    I tried the M once, felt a little long.
    How tall are you?
    Thx

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by short wheel View Post
    Yes, yours.
    I'm 173 cm (5 feet 8 7/64 inches) still thinking about medium and small.
    I tried the M once, felt a little long.
    How tall are you?
    Thx
    im 173cm

This frame is a perfect fit for me. I have had 2 fatbikes prior to this one, both medium and both too big.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkob32 View Post
    Loving my ICT more and more every ride. It makes such a great all around bike and the geometry is awesome. Did some small customization to it so far to make it stand out a little bit. Now if it would only SNOW!!! All were getting over Christmas is rain rain rain.

Nice work Adam.

How did you paint the rims?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by appletrollet View Post

Name:	IMG_5332.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	949465

Name:	IMG_5333.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	949466
    Where did that rear fender come from? I love it not being huge like so many are.

Ipso Facto
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkob32 View Post

12/10/14 Roaring CreekCN1515 by adamkob, on Flickr

12/23/14 Mary D by adamkob, on Flickr

--Adam
    I like this a lot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
    Where did that rear fender come from? I love it not being huge like so many are.
    it's a mucky nutz fender. It broke on my first ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My ice cream truck has a nasty creak when standing and putting the power down. Usually one "creak" when a pedal is at the 6 and 12 o'clock position and I am putting the max power of each stroke through the pedals. I have torn it down and greased every interface other than pulling out the press fit bb. Anyone have similar problems or care to chime in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceldama View Post
    Test-rode an ICT along side a Rocky Mountain Blizzard for comparison. Here are my impressions (from riding around the street...)

-The ICT has an amazing presence. Between the tires/rims and the amazing paint it just stands out compared to the stealthy all-black blizzard. If you want attention the ICT is for you.

-ICT feels slacker/more stable than the Blizzard even though they share the same listed head tube angle. It could be due to the Blizzard's sag setting on the Bluto but it made the Blizzard feel more like an XC bike. Also the Blizzard felt a bit more compact in the cockpit area.

-The ICT and the Blizzard feel about the same weight when you pick them up but the Blizzard feels a little quicker when riding. Probably down to the lighter wheels/tire combo.

-Both bikes have great brakes.

Both bikes being the same price makes for a hard decision. If you've got to have a Bluto the Blizzard is an excellent value proposition. The ICT definitely has an x-factor about it, though. Basically, I've got a horrible case of analysis paralysis and can't pull the trigger on anything.
    I guess it's time for The Mayor then.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast