Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    So I did some measuring on the ICT fork. Spacing is obviously 150mm, and the fork ends measure 5mm thick on both sides. So the the axle needs to be about 160mm long, not including the threaded portion that will thread into the Paul Components nut.

The Paragon Machine Works DT025 thru axle is 175mm long from under the skewer head to the end of the axle, with about 15mm threaded portion at the end. That equates to 160mm thru axle portion, perfect! So I ordered one to try out, and already have the Paul nut. I'll report back when I get it to confirm that it actually works.

Link to the thru axle:

https://www.paragonmachineworks.com/...tion&key=DT025

Link to the Paul nut (You want the 15mm one for the fork):

https://paulcomp.com/shop/components...-axle-end-nut/

Stay tuned!
    Nice! If it works I'll probably get one F&R. The less tools I need to take the better.

mtbr member
    So I did some measuring on the ICT fork. Spacing is obviously 150mm, and the fork ends measure 5mm thick on both sides. So the the axle needs to be about 160mm long, not including the threaded portion that will thread into the Paul Components nut.

The Paragon Machine Works DT025 thru axle is 175mm long from under the skewer head to the end of the axle, with about 15mm threaded portion at the end. That equates to 160mm thru axle portion, perfect! So I ordered one to try out, and already have the Paul nut. I'll report back when I get it to confirm that it actually works.

Link to the thru axle:

https://www.paragonmachineworks.com/...tion&key=DT025

Link to the Paul nut (You want the 15mm one for the fork):

https://paulcomp.com/shop/components...-axle-end-nut/

Stay tuned!
    Just to follow up, the above mentioned parts are indeed correct for replacing the front thru axle on an ICT fork. Works perfectly.Surly ICT thread-img_3332.jpgSurly ICT thread-img_3333.jpg

Like a FirePlug
    Just to follow up, the above mentioned parts are indeed correct for replacing the front thru axle on an ICT fork. Works perfectly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3332.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	1117918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3333.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	1117919
    Awesome info! Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Just got my ICT on Tuesday and took it out 3 days in a row. I rented one a few weeks back and fell in love with it. I ordered the last XXL complete bike, which only comes in yellow. After the shop started looking at it, the thing was all jacked up, rear hub was shot, rotors were roasted, paint chips all over it the frame and fork, rear tire sidewall looked like it was rubbing, on end of box it had a sticker on it "batch test". LBS called Surley and they sent out a black frame and fork and new parts. I prefer the black any day. Rear wheel is a loaner in pic so I could get it out and ride. Will build up a 29+ wheelset and get a frame bag made with that Nice large triangle.

Absolutely love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surly ICT thread-img_0487.jpg  

Surly ICT thread-img_0493.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarygary View Post
    Nice bike man!
    What wheels are on that sweet ride! I've got an ICT and am thinking of some 27.5 or 29ers. Haven't decided yet and would love some input as to which would be best for single track trails and some xc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKMTNBIKER View Post
    mines still solid after a year of abuse
    Looking at 2 years of a great working bb. No problems here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I'm building a ICT spec ops, I have the surly od crank and was wondering what chain ring and cassette people are for a 1x10 drive. I have a shimano compatible rear hub, was thinking I needed about a 32t front but whose? I'm new to the fat bike world and any help would be greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixshooter44 View Post
    I'm building a ICT spec ops, I have the surly od crank and was wondering what chain ring and cassette people are for a 1x10 drive. I have a shimano compatible rear hub, was thinking I needed about a 32t front but whose? I'm new to the fat bike world and any help would be greatly appreciated
    Wolftooth chainring, whatever cassette you want.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkovo View Post
    Not the best pics, but this is the setup with Turbines and a 170 spindle. Again, no spacers, the pre-load ring sanded down to function as the spacer.

I just tried this on my bike and it doesn't work! Your BB was made narrower! But how the hell did they do it perfectly flat?! I want to try this. Any advice?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Is it even close Charge? Any decent machine shop should be able to mill it down for you, if that's really what you want to do. I guess that's one upside of the press in bearing cups.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Pretty darn close! .75mm off each side and I'd be rolling fo sho!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617