Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not that I know of, no.

A few things, since there's a few threads about this now....

Some posited, that the *new fangled* Race formula, is actually "Stans" as we knew it, it just got more $$$.

No chunks in new formula, but there is in the Race. BITD, Stans had chunks man!

I called Stans about this when I first started having issues. They played it like your dog when you yell at it, right next to the garbage can they knocked over. Dog: If I don't look at it, it doesn't exist, LALALALALALALALAAAAA.

Told they never heard of it. Mentioned I had a Schwalbe that was affected. "Oh, we have had a few isolated incidents with Schwalbe's, but it's the tire, not our stuff".

When presented with Surly, Specialized, Maxxis, Conti, Bontrager, etc in the next sentence? "Lalalalalalalalalalalaaaa"......

I even asked directly, did anything change?

Nope.

That's when I started looking for a replacement, and asking around.

That there's still folks out there, NOT having any trouble, I can only blame on some older stock that's still being worked through in some channels. Beyond that, no idea, but it's been a weeping, rapid volume loss world for me, my customers, and riding buddies for close to a year now.

Switched products? My formerly *defective* Schwalbes, have returned to normal performance.

YMMV.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I switched to Orange in Fall 2016. Same tires, same
    Rims, but a new bottle of Stan's and for the first time not holding psi, the drop in psi was way too large over a week. Now with Orange tires are back to holding psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Nope, WTB was fine as far as I remember, ran Stans.

What rims are you using? Even if you have sealant seepage, it wouldn't cause air loss. You got leakage elsewhere, those tires are tight.

To the OP and others, seepage is not the sealant, it's the tires, some seap more than others, more so as the tire gets worn. Temps also matter.

Shake up your sealant before use.

Use a water submersion to look for leaks.
    Rims are Duroc 40's. The stock Chupas were set up with the same bottle of Stans and had 0 seepage or air loss from the get-go.
    I added another 20ml of Stans and went for a ride to slosh it around good. Had pressure at 15/17 and let them sit overnight after wiping the sidewalls down. This morning I took a look and the seepage was back. I could actually see some spots bubbling from air coming through. Pressure only dropped about 2 lbs in each tire, so I wouldn't worry about riding on them. I'm sure it not leaking around the beads. I seated them with a compressor and got 2 good pops when they slid in place. Strange. Maybe being mounted/dismounted/remounted and folded up for shipping has something to do with it...stressing the sidewalls possibly? I dunno, no big deal though, I'll wear these out and maybe try a different brand next set of tires. Just have to keep an eye on pressure.

mtbr member
    Resurrecting an old thread. For those that switched to Orange Seal, does al, the old Stan's need to be cleaned out 100 % or can the OS be added if Stan's is all dried up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

I Got yer Activity Stream
    Just going to say I've been experiencing this for the last year or so with Stans in Hans Dampfs and to a lesser degree with Surly Dirt Wizards. I found a way to make lemonade...was wiping the tires with a cloth and found that they looked all nice and shiny when I was done. Kind of like Armorall.
    2013 Banshee Prime, 6-speed

turtles make me hot
    I switched to Truckerco Tire Cream. No seepage. Works well. Bye Stan!
    I like turtles

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread. For those that switched to Orange Seal, does al, the old Stan's need to be cleaned out 100 % or can the OS be added if Stan's is all dried up?
    Yep, it'll mix right in.

Several months on it now, DRY(!!!) sidewalls rule my life again, yep NYrr, bye bye Stan.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

because GIANT
    Quote Originally Posted by thecanoe View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nope. just add Orange seal to a tire running stans and it works fine. (and will stop any current stans weeping on that tire as well)

it cannot fix stans boogers, but will help clean them out. so once you think orange seal is dried up (which takes months) unmount tire and pull your orange lining and the old stans boogers should come with it. orange seal has never made boogers for me on fat bike or XC bike, it never clumps up on me

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    nope. just add Orange seal to a tire running stans and it works fine. (and will stop any current stans weeping on that tire as well)

it cannot fix stans boogers, but will help clean them out. so once you think orange seal is dried up (which takes months) unmount tire and pull your orange lining and the old stans boogers should come with it. orange seal has never made boogers for me on fat bike or XC bike, it never clumps up on me
    Really? Sounds way less messy than Stans.
    I am going to have to try some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12