Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Specialized FatBoy ground control tires

Hello everyone,
    I got back into mountain biking this summer and really became interested in fatbikes. I've been regrading up on as much as I can from the forums and appreciate all the great info here.

I currently have a specialized FatBoy expert on pre order at my lbs, and like others are patiently awaiting an official release date.
    I just swung by specialized website to see if anything changed on the fatboys page and correct me if I'm wrong but the picture has been updated to show th FatBoy with the ground control tires.

Now maybe I've just overlooked this in the past and maybe it's just some photoshop magic, but Either way I figured I would share. Maybe it's getting closer to actually shipping out?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Photoshop magic! Look at the valve stems. Don't get your hopes up on the expected delivery date, I'd be amazed if they come out before 2014.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Specialized FatBoy ground control tires

Fatboy and ground control tyres that's correct look on the website it got announced months ago

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

mtbr member
    Not that I think it means anything, but..

Not Photoshop magic -- those are actually the Ground Control tires in the pic on the Specialized website. If you hit the little magnifying glass off to the right, it will give you a hi-res photo you can then blow waaay up and see details. It's the right tread pattern and you can read some of the info molded into the blackwall.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CJones View Post
    Not that I think it means anything, but..

Not Photoshop magic -- those are actually the Ground Control tires in the pic on the Specialized website. If you hit the little magnifying glass off to the right, it will give you a hi-res photo you can then blow waaay up and see details. It's the right tread pattern and you can read some of the info molded into the blackwall.
    Look at the location & angle of the valve. Nobody laces wheels like that on purpose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlh View Post
    Look at the location & angle of the valve. Nobody laces wheels like that on purpose.
    Did you even look at the hi-res photo? I agree that the valve stems are in the wrong place, but the tires are not Photoshopped.

Did you even look at the hi-res photo? I agree that the valve stems are in the wrong place, but the tires are not Photoshopped.
    I think what he means by photoshopped is that they ARE the actual tires... they just aren't on the bike. We get a lot of things where I work from overseas. We always get lots of good photos many months to a year before we actually get the product in our hands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm not doubting that they are GC tires, it's just quite obvious that they have been photoshopped onto another image

mtbr member
    Regardless... If you were interested in the new Ground Controls, you can now get a decent look at the actual tires on the Specialized site.

mtbr member
    My LBS got a couple disply models in for Iceman, the tires looks like production tires and measured out to just over 4.5 inches. Smaller lugs than a Nate or Bud.

mtbr member
    Hell yeah! Going to be my summer tire.
    The LPG

mtbr member
    that bike looks sick, real clean and pro love the tires, must buy for off season use.

mtbr member
    Can't wait for these tires. Hoping they'll fit my pug.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Seems like a new fatbike standard. The rims, carbon fork and the tires make a refined package.

mtbr member
    Yep, the tires look great, I really can't wait for Specialized to release the bike. I'm still going to run a Bud up front in the winter, but the Ground Control rear looks like it should do fine in snow.

Nuts
    That looks sick, thanks for sharing!!
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Has anyone heard anything regarding the weight & estimated retail price?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    That is sweet! Seeing an actual photo of a fatboy with the ground control tires has me hopeful that my pre-order will be here soon!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    They seem to be good all year round tyres it will probly fit my on one fatty rear also. wow I have plenty combo options now. bud, nates, floater , BFLs,and hopefully soon ground control

Press thx if i help you

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    any word on the availability of the ground control tires?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Specialized FatBoy ground control tires

The fatboy is just starting to roll into shops this week. Here in PA our local specialized dealer posted today that they got 1 non expert model in.

I'm sure in the coming weeks more info will come out. But initially it is sounding like the tires alone will be available until sometime next year.

mtbr member
    huh the wheels I built have the stems in weird places.. never thought about it... but I guess the Folks a specialized should think about such things...

Oh and i want a pair of the GC tires - they were my first real mountain bike tire!
    Last edited by Weinerts; 12-03-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added thought
    My bike is heavier than yours - it does not have Carbon or Titanium parts - I love it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I work at a spec shop and my inside rep said the tires are going to be avail April 2014 as of today. I'm sure That will probably get moved up due to lots of interested riders chomping at the bit for some. Either way it will be a while. Of course this is unofficial knowledge

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    any update on the availability of the fatboy tires?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast