Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Specialized Fatboy Accessories

Hi Fat Bike Riders. I was hoping to start at thread dedicated to the Specialized Fatboy dealing with accessories for the Fatboy. More specifically front and rear racks, frame bags, panniers, seat bags, handle bar bags etc.

Since this is the first time the Fatboy has been offered it may be difficult to order on-line or walk into our LBS and select items. It sure would be nice to have others tell us what has worked for them and what did not work so we are not reinventing the wheel each time.

I, like many of you, am still waiting for my Fatboy to arrive. For those that have their bike already and have purchased accessories let's talk.

What did you get and why? How much? Are you happy with it? What would you change if anything?

Throw in some photos for sure. I look forward to seeing what fellow Fatboy riders are up to.

mtbr member
    I put a bunch of hello-kitty stickers on mine.

mtbr member
    Just picked mine up and will document everything changed and added here.
    Reflectors and stickers coming off first thing tomorrow and then let the fun begin.
    WATERBOARDING WORKS

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    After Lu-Max mentioned it in the ETA thread, my first accessory will be one of these for my expert.

mtbr member
    ^^Hey! I thought of it first, so only my Expert gets to be "The Darth Maul".

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am going with a Savage Opress for my comp.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Leg, I need more leg! Group buy?

(Actually, some one's sig line was some thing like,"I do today what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't". Perfect for biking!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu-Max View Post
    ^^Hey! I thought of it first, so only my Expert gets to be "The Darth Maul".
    I will have the Aussie Edition

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My little dude will probably never see the snow, and the star war guys keep mocking him and make him hang out with the other freaks in the collection...

He matches the Farley duco a little bit too

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by homer j View Post
    Do you recognize this one?

Attachment 861893

I snagged the image off of youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFXbVEgQ9E

It looks like a bike shop. Perhaps they could tell you what it is or sell you one.

I am guessing it is a Salsa.
    Salsa Cycles

Edited to add Salsa link.
    I wanted to post a photo that Homer J posted under another thread. Back rack on a Fatboy. Click arrow by Homer J's name and it will bring you to the original post. Thanks Homer J for the picture.

I spoke with the boys at Bike Barn Racing and the rack is a Salsa Alternator. Mounting modifications were necessary to make it fit the Fatboy - meaning they needed to use other parts from other racks to make the mounting work.

Hopefully we will see dedicated racks for the Fatboy at some point.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thumpermeister View Post
    I wanted to post a photo that Homer J posted under another thread. Back rack on a Fatboy. Click arrow by Homer J's name and it will bring you to the original post. Thanks Homer J for the picture.

I spoke with the boys at Bike Barn Racing and the rack is a Salsa Alternator. Mounting modifications were necessary to make it fit the Fatboy - meaning they needed to use other parts from other racks to make the mounting work.

Hopefully we will see dedicated racks for the Fatboy at some point.
    Here you go.
    Specialized Fatboy Accessories-fatboy-rack1.jpg

mtbr member
    Meet Darth "Fat" Maul, he uses the dark side of the GPS.
    Also Easton carbon 720mm wide by 40mm riser bars and K-Edge Garmin 800 mount.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Love it

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I was hoping to ask a favour from one of you lucky dogs that have your Fatboy already. I am looking to get a frame bag but my bike won't show until March. Can someone give me the inside dimensions of the front triangle for a MEDIUM Fatboy frame. At least I can start to look for a frame bag. I am looking at a Revelate Designs bag, amongst others, but I need some dimensions like the dimensions shown from their website or an idea of which size bag would fit on a medium.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by thumpermeister; 02-02-2014 at 04:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried to add studs from gripstuds.com to their spec ground control tire_ The stud thread it 6mm diameter, while the off center knobs are >8.1x8.5mm square.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I've had it for about 6 weeks and finally got the time to put some stuff on it.

(And found a new use for my motorcycle lift table)

Not much, but I'm content....
    Spank bars and pedals, a Rokform phone stem phone mount, water bottle cage and a seat bag.

Haven't had much time on it but my only complaint is a kinda creaky bottom bracket

Misspelled by using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AZtransplant View Post

Spank bars and pedals, a Rokform phone stem phone mount, water bottle cage and a seat bag.
    Hi AZtransplant:

Looks like a medium size frame. Nice setup. Love the colour match. What size rise on the bars? Did you change out the stem as well or is the rise in the bars sufficient to place you more upright?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi AZtransplant:

Looks like a medium size frame. Nice setup. Love the colour match. What size rise on the bars? Did you change out the stem as well or is the rise in the bars sufficient to place you more upright?

Thanks
    Thanks,
    It's actually a large frame. The bars are a 20mm rise (5* up & 8.5* back) and 62 mm wider. The stem is the original one. It feels a lot better to me and I'll leave it like this for a while and try it out

Misspelled by using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Take a read on post #14 - I need the measurements of a Medium Fatboy Frame - front triangle.

Has anyone else looked at a frame bag and/or seat bag that they are happy with????

I will be doing a couple of 2-3 day bike trips and I want to get this sorted out for the two Fatboys I expect to have in several weeks (expect - that's a pretty big word).

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was hoping to ask a favour from one of you lucky dogs that have your Fatboy already. I am looking to get a frame bag but my bike won't show until March. Can someone give me the inside dimensions of the front triangle for a MEDIUM Fatboy frame. At least I can start to look for a frame bag. I am looking at a Revelate Designs bag, amongst others, but I need some dimensions like the dimensions shown from their website or an idea of which size bag would fit on a medium.

Thanks in advance.
    Finally I had time to measure my medium.

I got the following
    A-17"
    B-1"
    C-18"
    D-3"
    E-10"

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks ever so much gcohen !!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Thanks in advance.
    The Cheap Ibera Frame Bags... The medium (12") bag fits the Fatboy small and the large (16") fits the medium Fatboy almost perfect.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the info NogginBuster. I will give Ibera a look.

When you say the large Ibera bag fits a medium sized Fatboy would it fill the entire inside triangle? I would be looking for a frame bag that utilizes the most space within the front triangle.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by thumpermeister; 02-14-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling errors

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

When you say the large Ibera bag fits a medium sized Fatboy would it fill the entire inside triangle? I would be looking for a frame bag that utilizes the most space within te fron triangle.

Thanks again.
    Initially, I just held the bag up next to the frame. It actually rests on the down tube. I think I'd prefer it not touch there.

Specialized Fatboy Accessories-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    That's a nice fit. A little 3M clear protective film on rub points and she would be mint. Thanks for adding the photo. I think I just may go ahead and order one. For $20 CDN I don't think you can go wrong. Most reviews on this bag seem to be quite positive. As for touching, when I looked at the Revelate Design bags they all touch the down tube. Only difference is they have Velcro straps for the down tube where the Ibera does not. Most of the reviews I read didn't seem to think this was a problem. The bag stayed put. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast